Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15]
Can the KudoZ term search function be improved? (staff: 'OK, improvements made')
Thread poster: Natalia Eklund
aivars
aivars  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 15:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
Only 1st page of results show Aug 21, 2009

Colin,
When I click on page 2 and so on, of results, I'm getting a sth is wrong! msg. thx
a

[My pair is EN > ES. I can see only the 1st page of results. Tested on Chrome, IE]

[Edited at 2009-08-21 17:29 GMT]

Sisiutl
Sisiutl
Mexico
Local time: 12:42
French to English
+ ...
Follow-up on Problem with apostrophes Aug 26, 2009

Problem seems to have been fixed.
Thank you very much.

Sisiutl
Sisiutl
Mexico
French to English
+ ...
Apostrophes, yet again Aug 27, 2009

My mistake: it isn't fixed yet.
Please see whether something can be done to remedy this problem.
Thank you.

David Russi
David Russi  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Why are personal glossary entries in triplicate? Aug 29, 2009

The plethora of repetitions makes it difficult to weed through the search results. Is there no way for the search to parse for identical strings and not display them?

Here is a clear example, search EN>SP for "job interview".

[Edited at 2009-08-29 04:26 GMT]

B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:42
French to English
+ ...
Text doesn't fit term field Sep 7, 2009

Suddenly the bottom half of the text I enter in the term search field is cut off. This and other users' comments most of which I endorse lead one to ask why fix it if it ain't broke?

aivars
aivars  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Only 1st page of results show Sep 18, 2009

this was solved, but again, so editing past request

Only 1st page of results show Sep 18

Colin,
When I click on page 2 and so on, of results, I'm getting a sth is wrong! msg. thx
a

[My pair is EN > ES. I can see only the 1st page of results. Tested on Chrome, IE]

David Russi
David Russi  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Is anyone there...? Sep 18, 2009

Seems like no posts to this thread have ben answered at all in a long time.

Colin Brady
Colin Brady  Identity Verified
Argentina
French to English
+ ...
Cannot reproduce the problem Sep 18, 2009

aivars wrote:

this was solved, but again, so editing past request

Only 1st page of results show Sep 18

Colin,
a

Hi aivars,

Can you please specify the term you searched for and any other settings that may help me reproduce the problem? I tried logging in as you and running a search and it worked fine.

exacto.nz
exacto.nz
New Zealand
English to Spanish
+ ...
I couldn't agree more Sep 23, 2009

I wonder what the use of "advanced options" is. You specify the field of interest but still the system will show you all the other fields found.

Is it possible to go back to how it was before or at least improve the former system instead of creating something that doesn't work well.

David Moore wrote:

Please go back to how it was - it may even have irritated me at times, but this is NO improvement. AT ALL...

moken
moken  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
Advanced options: Prioritise? Oct 11, 2011

Hi Colin & co. - is this thread still working or is there another KOG feedback thread going?

If it is, hopefully you'll find the following suggestion useful:

How about using the advanced search features to prioritise the results in the chosen fields rather than exclude those that are not actually filed under them?

Bearing in mind that Kudoz are filed according to the criteria of whoever makes the entry and that they are not systematically revi
... See more
Hi Colin & co. - is this thread still working or is there another KOG feedback thread going?

If it is, hopefully you'll find the following suggestion useful:

How about using the advanced search features to prioritise the results in the chosen fields rather than exclude those that are not actually filed under them?

Bearing in mind that Kudoz are filed according to the criteria of whoever makes the entry and that they are not systematically reviewed, users can often make entries in fields different to those where a searcher might expect to find them using his/her own logic.

By making the advanced search list a 'priorities' list, results would still show up even when they're not entered in the fields the searcher would expect them to be in. This would be especially useful in those cases in which there are few or no results in the expected fields and the result is hidden away elsewhere in the archives.

In practice we'd be speaking of a way to sort results not only according to exact matches but also to the preferred fields.

Thanks for your kind attention,

Alf.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can the KudoZ term search function be improved? (staff: 'OK, improvements made')

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »