Thread poster: Odette Grille (X)
Odette Grille (X)
Odette Grille (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:20
English to French
+ ...
Mar 27, 2009

I like to browse the questions left unanswered from time to time, but the way to them seems a little painstaking.

I am probably missing some setting, or is there no way to set browsing Kudoz for just the unanswered Qs ?

Ode

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:20
English to Arabic
+ ...
Drop-down menu Mar 27, 2009

Hi Odette,

Now I'm only hoping that this isn't just an option available to moderators!!! I'm really not sure!
But as far as I can see one of the question view options (top of the Kudoz questions page) is entitled "Status" and the drop-down menu gives you the option to view: All, Open, Unanswered, Closed questions.

Could you or a non-moderator confirm that you can see that? If not, then I don't see a reason why this facility should only be available to moderators.<
... See more
Hi Odette,

Now I'm only hoping that this isn't just an option available to moderators!!! I'm really not sure!
But as far as I can see one of the question view options (top of the Kudoz questions page) is entitled "Status" and the drop-down menu gives you the option to view: All, Open, Unanswered, Closed questions.

Could you or a non-moderator confirm that you can see that? If not, then I don't see a reason why this facility should only be available to moderators.

[Edited at 2009-03-27 11:06 GMT]
Collapse

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
seems it's a Mod only feature Mar 27, 2009

Nesrin wrote:

Hi Odette,

Could you or a non-moderator confirm that you can see that? If not, then I don't see a reason why this facility should only be available to moderators.

Unless P People have it too.
Here's all I see:

Quick searches: [View all] [PRO in my pairs + fields]

Other links: [Ask a KudoZ question]

Odette Grille (X)
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Status it is ! Mar 27, 2009

Nesrin wrote:

Hi Odette,

Thank you Nesrin. I am not a mod. but I did find it. I am so not good at searching ITs ...
And it works. I get only the unanswered in the list. Great !
Have a good day
O

Odette Grille (X)
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What I see and find Mar 27, 2009

[quote]writeaway wrote:

Nesrin wrote:

Hi Odette,

Now I'm only hoping that this isn't just an option available to moderators!!!

Here's all I see:

Here is what I see more or less

[See more languages]
Fields: [Edit your fields]
Category: For pts: Status:

Asker type: Personal:

And there are four status to choose from when you click on the arrow : (All Open Unanswered Closed)

And I am not a moderator, so you should have it too...

GLOYS !
O.

[Edited at 2009-03-27 11:32 GMT]

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:20
English to Dutch
+ ...
Search the latest questions - @ writeaway Mar 27, 2009

Hi writeaway,

If you click the KudoZ tab on the homepage, then choose Answer questions in the dropdown menu, you get the top of the Kudoz page.

There's some kind of dashboard there, captioned Search the latest questions.

The third line there allows you to choose Category, For points, and Status. Click status and select Unanswered.

I'm neither mod nor P, so if I can do this, you should be able to do this too.

writeaway wrote:

Here's all I see:

Edited to add: obviously I'm not the only helpful soul out there

[Edited at 2009-03-27 11:35 GMT]

lisa23
lisa23
Germany
Local time: 20:20
English to German
+ ...
Unanswered Questions Mar 27, 2009

No, this function seems to be available also to "standard users" like me.

When I select Kudoz/Answer Questions, next to "Category" there is a "Status" drop-down field under the title "Search the latest questions". I can choose from All, Open, Unanswered, Closed (not sure about the correct English designations, I use the German version).

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 15:20
SITE STAFF
Make sure you are using the advanced search Mar 27, 2009

Hi all,

Just to clarify-- make sure you are using the advanced search options to see this, not the basic search. You can switch between the two using the "Advanced/Basic search mode" link at the bottom right of the search box at http://www.proz.com/kudoz/

Best regards,

Jared

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Thank you all! Mar 27, 2009

Thanks for the explanations. I never saw that feature (also never looked for it).
Will use all your tips and try to find it.......

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unanswered questions

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »