Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:20
French to English
+ ...
Jan 9, 2009

Hello,

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not, but thought I'd raise it just in case. I suppose it doesn't happen very often as it's unusual to have lots of references posted, but in a recent question of mine, there are three reference comments, all valid and I wanted to reply to the posters. No problem with the first; I just clicked on Note to reference poster and a separate window came up for my note. However, for the second and third references, clicking on Note to reference p
... See more
Hello,

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not, but thought I'd raise it just in case. I suppose it doesn't happen very often as it's unusual to have lots of references posted, but in a recent question of mine, there are three reference comments, all valid and I wanted to reply to the posters. No problem with the first; I just clicked on Note to reference poster and a separate window came up for my note. However, for the second and third references, clicking on Note to reference poster had no effect under these references, but if I clicked on the Note to reference poster under the first reference, three separate windows suddenly appeared! Is this normal?

Thanks

Claire
Collapse

Ulrike Kraemer
Ulrike Kraemer
Germany
Local time: 10:20
English to German
+ ...
Probably a bug ... Jan 9, 2009

... because it happened to me too, not very long ago. I'll alert Jared to your posting so he can have a look into it.

Added: Done!

[Edited at 2009-01-09 13:22 GMT]

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 05:20
SITE STAFF
Could you submit a support request on this? Jan 9, 2009

Hi Claire,

Could you submit a support request with a link to the question where you are having the problem so that this can be looked into fully? Thanks!

Best regards,

Jared

punam
punam
English to Gujarati
+ ...
it happened to me too this week!! Jan 9, 2009

i had lost the data thrice and had to redo the comments.
this was when agreeing and answering the kudoz entries.
i thought it could be because the kudoz entry was closed.
I almost gave up to redo the comments.
this need to be checked. This site has developed tremendously
and such intrusion (if any)should be looked at seriously.

Gina W
Gina W
United States
Local time: 04:20
Member (2003)
French to English
Same thing happened to me Jan 17, 2009

...just now. No big deal, but figured I'd let you know.

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
For the record... Jan 17, 2009

I did submit this as a support request and I was told it's to do with my browswer settings. I use Mozilla Firefox, but it's even worse with Internet Explorer. Anyway, it really isn't enough of a problem for me to change my settings (even if I knew what to change!), so I'll just put up with it, I suppose.

All the best.

Claire

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Posting notes to reference posters

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »