Cristina Heraud-van Tol  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 01:30
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 2, 2008

Hi!

Since 2 days ago, when I go to Kudoz > Answer questions, I get into the Advanced Mode, with all my preferences changed. I then select the questions, languages, etc. that I want to see, select Basic View and Save Settings, but it never happens! It goes into Basic Mode but all the preferences I had just saved do not stay saved, and it automatically chooses others. I've waited for a couple days to see if this was fixed, but apparently the problem persists.

Amy Taylor
Amy Taylor  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:30
Italian to English
Check your cookies Dec 2, 2008

Hi Cristina,

It sounds like you may have cookies turned off, or at least certain ones are being refused. Does it keep you logged in? If not, what browser are you using?

Amy

Ligia Dias Costa
Ligia Dias Costa  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 07:30
English to Portuguese
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Same thing Dec 2, 2008

happened to me. I submitted a support request and had two advice:

- Log out; log in and
- Use firefox browser

Did the two and it works perfectly!

Lalit Sati
Lalit Sati  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 12:00
Member (2010)
English to Hindi
+ ...
exactly same problem. Dec 2, 2008

Cristina Heraud-van Tol wrote:

Since 2 days ago, when I go to Kudoz > Answer questions, I get into the Advanced Mode, with all my preferences changed. I then select the questions, languages, etc. that I want to see, select Basic View and Save Settings, but it never happens! It goes into Basic Mode but all the preferences I had just saved do not stay saved, and it automatically chooses others.

I am also having exactly same problem.

Juan Jacob
Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 00:30
French to Spanish
+ ...
Another bug? Dec 2, 2008

Since yesterday, the second Kudoz questions page is dispalying questions from 10 days ago...
Is it serious, Doctor?

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 03:30
SITE STAFF
Thanks for reporting this Dec 2, 2008

Hello all,

Thanks for reporting this. May I ask those who are having this problem to contact me via support request, with information on the browser and version you are using, to help me look into this furhter? As Ligia mentions, this seems to be working fine in Firefox, and it works fine for me in Internet Explorer as well, so there may be a fix necessary for other browsers. Ligia, if you can specify which browser you were using before y
... See more
Hello all,

Thanks for reporting this. May I ask those who are having this problem to contact me via support request, with information on the browser and version you are using, to help me look into this furhter? As Ligia mentions, this seems to be working fine in Firefox, and it works fine for me in Internet Explorer as well, so there may be a fix necessary for other browsers. Ligia, if you can specify which browser you were using before you switched to Firefox in your support request that would be great. Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

Ligia Dias Costa
Ligia Dias Costa  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 07:30
English to Portuguese
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Browser Dec 2, 2008

Now, this is a great way to embarass me in front of the community!!!!!

Jared, I haven't the slightest idea which browser I was using.

FYI I have Windows Vista, and then I click on the internet icon and it says Windows Internet Explorer and opens a google page.

I did the Firefoz download and works fine now.

Anyway, I tried to help...

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Thanks Dec 2, 2008

Hi Ligia,

Sorry about that! It's good to hear you were able to resolve the issue. I'll be happy to look into this further if others experiencing the problem can report this via support. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jared

Cristina Heraud-van Tol
Peru
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hello Dec 2, 2008

Jared wrote:

Hi Ligia,

Sorry about that! It's good to hear you were able to resolve the issue. I'll be happy to look into this further if others experiencing the problem can report this via support. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jared

Hi, Jared

Since I signed into Proz in 2003, I've been using Opera and it has always worked perfectly. I've sent a support ticket too.

Thanks,
Cristina

d_vachliot (X)
d_vachliot (X)
Local time: 09:30
Greek to English
+ ...
Same problem Dec 3, 2008

Juan Jacob wrote:

Since yesterday, the second Kudoz questions page is dispalying questions from 10 days ago...
Is it serious, Doctor?

I'm having the same problem. I press "More>>" and the KudoZ questions I get are only those related to my interest fields. There is a message on top of the screen saying:

"A count has not been made of all terms meeting your search criteria. The number is assumed to be large."

In other words, I cannot see last week's questions. I don't understand why or how can I fix it.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Working out the problem Dec 3, 2008

Hello again,

My thanks to everyone who has submitted information on this issue through the support system. The problem is partially resolved, though the search settings are still being lost in certain cases. Sorry for the inconveniences while we get this back to where it was, and thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

Jared

Cristina Heraud-van Tol
Peru
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 3, 2008

Jared wrote:

Hello again,

My thanks to everyone who has submitted information on this issue through the support system. The problem is partially resolved, though the search settings are still being lost in certain cases. Sorry for the inconveniences while we get this back to where it was, and thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

Jared

Thanks, Jared, for doing your best. I will tell you when it's definitely solved.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Should be working again now Dec 4, 2008

Hello all,

The issues with the KudoZ question search have been worked through, and you should see it working correctly now. If anyone is still having difficulty, please let me know. Thanks once again for your patience.

Best regards,

Jared

yanadeni (X)
yanadeni (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:30
French to Russian
+ ...
Agrees Dec 11, 2008

I can't see any more Agree/Neutral/Desagree button/field.

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:30
Italian to English
+ ...
So it's not just me? Dec 11, 2008

YaniQC wrote:

I can't see any more Agree/Neutral/Desagree button/field.

I've lost this too, but only for suggested answers - I can still post agrees to references.

I've already submitted a support ticket.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a bug in my Kudoz display??

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »