Looking for interpreting practice partner, preferably Russian English
Thread poster: Bella Angel Hoyt
Bella Angel Hoyt
Bella Angel Hoyt
Local time: 21:49
English to Russian
+ ...
Jun 5, 2006

I am looking for a practice partner to get together daily and practice both simultaneous and consecutive interpreting. You need to have a high speed Internet connection, a skype or other instant messenger with voice account. Your country of residence does not matter. Let's help each other to get better. I am able to interpret simultaneously for about 15 minutes now. And want to build more endurance. I also want to improve my note taking system for consectuve interepreting. Ideally, I want... See more
I am looking for a practice partner to get together daily and practice both simultaneous and consecutive interpreting. You need to have a high speed Internet connection, a skype or other instant messenger with voice account. Your country of residence does not matter. Let's help each other to get better. I am able to interpret simultaneously for about 15 minutes now. And want to build more endurance. I also want to improve my note taking system for consectuve interepreting. Ideally, I want to take notes when someone speaks for 10-15 minutes with no interrruptions. I am convinced that there are other Russian/English interpreters out there who want to improve the quality of their work.Collapse

Boris Sigalov
Boris Sigalov
Local time: 04:49
English to Russian
How are you gonna do it? Jun 6, 2006

Hi bellash,

And what's your methodology?

Please contact me directly.

ksyusha
ksyusha
Local time: 04:49
English to Russian
I will be glad to work in pair Jun 7, 2006

bellash wrote:

I am looking for a practice partner to get together daily and practice both simultaneous and consecutive interpreting. You need to have a high speed Internet connection, a skype or other instant messenger with voice account. Your country of residence does not matter. Let's help each other to get better. I am able to interpret simultaneously for about 15 minutes now. And want to build more endurance. I also want to improve my note taking system for consectuve interepreting. Ideally, I want to take notes when someone speaks for 10-15 minutes with no interrruptions. I am convinced that there are other Russian/English interpreters out there who want to improve the quality of their work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for interpreting practice partner, preferably Russian English

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »