DPSI: what kind of things would I be tested on?
Thread poster: Peter Karrde
Peter Karrde
Peter Karrde
German to English
Jul 12, 2012

Morning all,

Im new to this site but I hope that someone can help me.

Im seriously considering going through the DPSI so that I can get more work, but I cant find much information on what exactly is in the test without spending a fortune buying past papers. Can any help by letting me know what kind of things I would be tested on or has anyone got any past papers which I could have a copy of? If I had an idea what was in the test i would be able to determine if I need
... See more
Morning all,

Im new to this site but I hope that someone can help me.

Im seriously considering going through the DPSI so that I can get more work, but I cant find much information on what exactly is in the test without spending a fortune buying past papers. Can any help by letting me know what kind of things I would be tested on or has anyone got any past papers which I could have a copy of? If I had an idea what was in the test i would be able to determine if I need to go through a DPSI course before attempting it because as im sure you are aware it's not cheap.

Thanks

Peter
Collapse

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:02
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Well... Jul 12, 2012

Given that the DPSI is a graduate diploma and provides access into the field of interpreting and does not take 3 or 4 years like a BA it is not expensive at all (see NQF level 6).

If you would tell us more about your qualifications and experience, we might be able to advice you better.

Ania Heasley
Ania Heasley  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:02
English to Polish
+ ...
Institute of Linguists website Jul 12, 2012

Have a look here, there are a few past papers there, plus list of topics, dig deep on the iol.org.uk website and you shall find.

http://www.iol.org.uk/qualifications/exams_dpsi.asp

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DPSI: what kind of things would I be tested on?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »