Health DPSI and Community Centers/ Medical Interpreting Practise Partner
Thread poster: robinredbreast
robinredbreast
robinredbreast
Local time: 12:09
Apr 10, 2012

Hello Everyone

I am thinking of studying for the DPSI in health and becoming a qualified interpreter. I have some questions I hope you can answer:

1. Which are the best places to study the health DPSI (Arabic) in London? When I say best I mean in terms of training and the price of the course. Ideally, I don't want a very expensive course but I would like to get my training in a reputable place.

2. I would like to ask if is it possible to get a medical inte
... See more
Hello Everyone

I am thinking of studying for the DPSI in health and becoming a qualified interpreter. I have some questions I hope you can answer:

1. Which are the best places to study the health DPSI (Arabic) in London? When I say best I mean in terms of training and the price of the course. Ideally, I don't want a very expensive course but I would like to get my training in a reputable place.

2. I would like to ask if is it possible to get a medical interpreting practice partner( Arabic/English) or interpreting practise group that are looking to improve their medical interpreting?

3. Does anyone have DPSI Arabic exam papers ?

4. Also, I am thinking of doing Community Interpreting level 3 before DPSI but I am not sure what are the best places in London?

If anyone has any idea about these courses or if anyone knows anybody who is interested in having a medical interpreting practise partner in both English and Arabic, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance
Collapse

Ania Heasley
Ania Heasley  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:09
English to Polish
+ ...
Community Interpreting Apr 10, 2012

robinredbreast wrote:

4. Also, I am thinking of doing Community Interpreting level 3 before DPSI but I am not sure what are the best places in London?

For Community Interpreting in London contact Mary Ward Centre, they are based near Holborn/Russell Square:

http://www.marywardcentre.ac.uk/

If you would like a contact name, please email me and I will email you contact details of the person who has been 'the' Community Interpreting person in London for many years

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Health DPSI and Community Centers/ Medical Interpreting Practise Partner

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »