Lida Garcia
Lida Garcia  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 22:32
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
Apr 20, 2010

Hi everybody,

I am translating a manual in Framemaker...I have two files: Back cover and Front cover which seem to be images and I can edit the text. I thought of translating them as images but when I try to paste them (once translated) into the FM file nothing happens, or I see a tiny box with nothing inside. What am I doing wrong?
I would appreciate your help. I am not an expert in FM but no problems so far with the documents I have to translate with this software.
... See more
Hi everybody,

I am translating a manual in Framemaker...I have two files: Back cover and Front cover which seem to be images and I can edit the text. I thought of translating them as images but when I try to paste them (once translated) into the FM file nothing happens, or I see a tiny box with nothing inside. What am I doing wrong?
I would appreciate your help. I am not an expert in FM but no problems so far with the documents I have to translate with this software.

Regards,

Lida
Collapse

J.Muldoon
J.Muldoon
Germania
Local time: 05:32
din germană în engleză
Don't paste Apr 20, 2010

It's difficult to tell exactly where your problem is without knowing how you've tried to edit the image files but FrameMaker doesn't treat image files in quite the same way as, for example, Word. If you right-click on the image, you can open an image properties window (also allows you to set the dpi etc).
It will also show you the path of the linked image file.
I don't know how you've edited the actual image but one method is simply to save the new image under the same filename and p
... See more
It's difficult to tell exactly where your problem is without knowing how you've tried to edit the image files but FrameMaker doesn't treat image files in quite the same way as, for example, Word. If you right-click on the image, you can open an image properties window (also allows you to set the dpi etc).
It will also show you the path of the linked image file.
I don't know how you've edited the actual image but one method is simply to save the new image under the same filename and path as the original (i.e., confirm that you want to replace the original image) in whatever graphics program you've used to edit it.
Otherwise, select the image and go to File > Import > Object and replace the current image with your new, translated file.
Maybe somebody can explain this a little more clearly...I've been using FrameMaker for a few years now but I wouldn't claim to be an expert.
Collapse

RieM
RieM  Identity Verified
Statele Unite
Local time: 23:32
din engleză în japoneză
+ ...
You can paste, but not that way... Apr 21, 2010

It is possible to copy/paste an object (including an image) via Clipboard or by dragging it.

From the way you've described what has happened (a tiny box with nothing else inside), I guess you are trying to copy&paste by opening the image file first, selecting the entire image or highlighting part of it, and doing a copy&paste -- this doesn't work.

Like felis, I'm not sure what exactly you want to accomplish here either, and if you need to edit the graphic, just follow
... See more
It is possible to copy/paste an object (including an image) via Clipboard or by dragging it.

From the way you've described what has happened (a tiny box with nothing else inside), I guess you are trying to copy&paste by opening the image file first, selecting the entire image or highlighting part of it, and doing a copy&paste -- this doesn't work.

Like felis, I'm not sure what exactly you want to accomplish here either, and if you need to edit the graphic, just follow felis's advice - edit the graphic and save it with the same name. If for some reasons you need to add a new graphic, then select the file (don't open it!), and then do a copy&paste.

Rie
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorii acestui forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help: How can I edit figures in FrameMaker

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »