InDesign>TagEditor/Trados>Indesign: Who knows?
Auteur du fil: Thomas Hirsch
Thomas Hirsch
Thomas Hirsch  Identity Verified
Espagne
Local time: 05:43
Membre (2009)
espagnol vers allemand
+ ...
Aug 20, 2009

I am doing a translation job whith final DTP typesetting. I exportet the original text from InDesign document under CS3 to .inx, and now I am translating whith TagEditor/Trados.

How do I reimport the translation to the InDesign document? I have QuarkXPress experience, but InDesign is as new for me as america was to Kolumbus.

thank you
Thomas

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Pologne
anglais vers polonais
Simply open translated INX file Aug 20, 2009

thirsch wrote:

I am doing a translation job whith final DTP typesetting. I exportet the original text from InDesign document under CS3 to .inx, and now I am translating whith TagEditor/Trados.

How do I reimport the translation to the InDesign document? I have QuarkXPress experience, but InDesign is as new for me as america was to Kolumbus.

thank you
Thomas

You don't import. You simply create translated INX file (I usually use Save Target As and save the file to subfolder) and open it in InDesign.

Thomas Hirsch
Espagne
Membre (2009)
espagnol vers allemand
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
That was quite simple, Aug 20, 2009

thank you Wojciech.
The only problem I still have: In the new ID-document, the fotos are not loaded, I do not have the original fotos here, but is it posible to see the fotos in the target language document to fit the text where necesary?

tho+

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexique
Local time: 21:43
anglais vers espagnol
Nope, but maybe... Aug 20, 2009

thirsch wrote:

thank you Wojciech.
The only problem I still have: In the new ID-document, the fotos are not loaded, I do not have the original fotos here, but is it posible to see the fotos in the target language document to fit the text where necesary?
tho+

Nope, you can't unless you were sent the original photos and have them saved in the same folder separately. The only one who can view the complete InDesign file, photos included, is that who has them saved on his/her computer. The only way you can view them, is copying and pasting on their appropiate position. But yet so, you'll be the only one who can view the photos.

Anyway, try to resave this file as InDesign. It could help. (And let us know.)

Thomas Hirsch
Espagne
Membre (2009)
espagnol vers allemand
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
This is for Tadzlo: Aug 20, 2009

I have been working whith Pagemaker during years, and in spite of fame InDesign is said to have gained, y was so happy with QuarkXpress, where seeing the images in low res version would not have been no problem at all. On the other hand, the export to Tag editor and reimport to Indesign was quite comfortable (thanks again, Woijciech). For a profesional DTP job, in QuarkXPress, y would have needed the original types only (third copy, damaged), here it seems I need the fotos as well. But anyway: ... See more
I have been working whith Pagemaker during years, and in spite of fame InDesign is said to have gained, y was so happy with QuarkXpress, where seeing the images in low res version would not have been no problem at all. On the other hand, the export to Tag editor and reimport to Indesign was quite comfortable (thanks again, Woijciech). For a profesional DTP job, in QuarkXPress, y would have needed the original types only (third copy, damaged), here it seems I need the fotos as well. But anyway: Translation and getting the target text into the InDesign document, is resolved.
Quite a step already. If I should find out more, I will tell you, shure. Will ask somo real DTP Pro´s for you (and me)
Tho+
Collapse

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Pologne
anglais vers polonais
They are previews only Aug 20, 2009

thirsch wrote:

thank you Wojciech.

tho+

What you see in InDesign when you don't have the original photo/graphic is only the preview image and it's lost when you save as INX (it's not stored in INX file). It's not a problem, relinking the images when you have them is a matter of few clicks only.

Thomas Hirsch
Espagne
Membre (2009)
espagnol vers allemand
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
Thank you for the confirmation... Aug 21, 2009

...I supposed that, As I only do the text work, I do not have the original fotos. Means that they will have to upload them in origin.
Tahnk you again.
tho+

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Modérateur(s) de ce forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

InDesign>TagEditor/Trados>Indesign: Who knows?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »