Off topic: Studying alien languages
Thread poster: Marco Indovino (X)
Marco Indovino (X)
Marco Indovino (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 19, 2008

I came across this article published by the Daily Telegraph and decided to share it:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/10/15/scialien115.xml

I am actually a bit doubtful that alien messages can be deciphered basing on a database of human languages, but any success would definitely open up a huge market fo
... See more
I came across this article published by the Daily Telegraph and decided to share it:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/10/15/scialien115.xml

I am actually a bit doubtful that alien messages can be deciphered basing on a database of human languages, but any success would definitely open up a huge market for translators!
Collapse

SilviuM
SilviuM
Romania
Local time: 11:17
Romanian to English
+ ...
Translation nanites prenatally Oct 28, 2008

As in Farscape, we should all have translation nanites implanted prenatally.
And, as you're on it, if you like, we could debate this further on what I have come to call "the languages of reason", namely on: Vulcan, Eunoia and Kymeran.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studying alien languages

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »