Has anyone else been asked to discontinue working with AI / CAT tools?
Thread poster: AnneMe
AnneMe
AnneMe
Local time: 08:16
English to German
Sep 13, 2023

This is the new addition to the Amazon KDP policies:

Artificial intelligence (AI) content (text, images, or translations)
We require you to inform us of AI-generated content (text, images, or translations) when you publish a new book or make edits to and republish an existing book through KDP. AI-generated images include cover and interior images and artwork. You are not required to disclose AI-assisted content. We distinguish between AI-generated and AI-assisted c... See more
This is the new addition to the Amazon KDP policies:

Artificial intelligence (AI) content (text, images, or translations)
We require you to inform us of AI-generated content (text, images, or translations) when you publish a new book or make edits to and republish an existing book through KDP. AI-generated images include cover and interior images and artwork. You are not required to disclose AI-assisted content. We distinguish between AI-generated and AI-assisted content as follows:

- AI-generated: We define AI-generated content as text, images, or translations created by an AI-based tool. If you used an AI-based tool to create the actual content (whether text, images, or translations), it is considered "AI-generated," even if you applied substantial edits afterwards.
- AI-assisted: If you created the content yourself, and used AI-based tools to edit, refine, error-check, or otherwise improve that content (whether text or images), then it is considered "AI-assisted" and not “AI-generated.” Similarly, if you used an AI-based tool to brainstorm and generate ideas, but ultimately created the text or images yourself, this is also considered "AI-assisted" and not “AI-generated.” It is not necessary to inform us of the use of such tools or processes.

You are responsible for verifying that all AI-generated and/or AI-assisted content adheres to all content guidelines. For example, to confirm an AI-based tool did not create content based on copyrighted works, you're required to review and edit any AI tool outputs.

I haven't been using ai-generated content rsp. machine translation, though I in fact use CAT. Typically the past years Trados Studio. With the recentmost upgrade Trados has been firmly mixed and meshed with AI-apps, some of which pull MT content from - e.g. - the DeepL API. I don't hide that I use CAT software from my clients. I would count this being at worst "AI-assisted".

I've been asked by several clients now to not use ANY AI-based tool, which would include CAT software. It's partially understandable, as Amazon has a habit of terminating accounts on an algo's say-so. I've recently run a couple of texts through the currently best "AI-checkers", including texts I wrote in my native language (and called a translation to check), traditionally translated texts, CAT texts and unaltered DeepL. My own short story came up as AI-translated, while the unaltered DeepL was still better than 70%.

It's a can of worms. Has anyone else been asked to discontinue working with CAT software? What are your thoughts?

Cheers, Anne

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2023-10-13 13:51 GMT]
Collapse

AnneMe
AnneMe
Local time: 08:16
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Right place? Sep 14, 2023

Hm. Lots have read this, but no one responds. Wrong community? Is no one here working for individual (author) clients? Do you know a forum for such, where I can ask my question and get more of a response?

Thank you. Anne.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Has anyone else been asked to discontinue working with AI / CAT tools?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »