across standalone personal edition v5.00.0 refusing access
Thread poster: Cathal Whelehan
Cathal Whelehan
Cathal Whelehan
German to English
Jul 8, 2011

Hello everyone,

I very much hope someone here can help me solve the problem I currently have, as - being a complete IT dunce - I really don't have the faintest idea of where to start.

I sent basic details of the problem (as described below) to the 'support' section of the across.net site this morning, asking them to contact me urgently, however I still haven't heard from them and am starting to become a little anxious, as I've come to depend on across for all my transla
... See more
Hello everyone,

I very much hope someone here can help me solve the problem I currently have, as - being a complete IT dunce - I really don't have the faintest idea of where to start.

I sent basic details of the problem (as described below) to the 'support' section of the across.net site this morning, asking them to contact me urgently, however I still haven't heard from them and am starting to become a little anxious, as I've come to depend on across for all my translations to an enormous degree and feel somehow hand-tied without it.

To summarise my issue:

I use the across standalone personal edition. v5.00.0. I'm afraid I don't know what patch version I have but somehow feel it may not be all that decisive for my problem, in any case. The computer is a PC running on Windows XP.

Across has worked without any issues for about 2-2.5 years and was also working perfectly well last night when I finished one task and loaded up two further small tasks, which I intended to deal with today. I closed the programme and shut down the computer as normal.

This morning, once my computer had fully booted up, I clicked on the across icon and received the normal login field and clicked on "login", which would normally have brought me automatically to the tasks page following a short period of loading processes.

This time however, the following message appeared (Unbekannte Fehler = Unknown error):

Unbekannter Fehler [Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server] The log scan number (6903:174:1) passed to log scan in database 'across' is not valid. This error may indicate data corruption or that the log file (.ldf) does not match the data file (.mdf). If this error occurred during replication, re-create the publication. Otherwise, restore from backup if the problem results in a failure during startup. [hr=-2147467259]
Error: [9003] 0x80004005. The log scan number (6903:174:1) passed to log scan in database 'across' is not valid. This error may indicate data corruption or that the log file (.ldf) does not match the data file (.mdf). If this error occurred during replication, re-create the publication. Otherwise, restore from backup if the problem results in a failure during startup. [HY000]

The only option I had was to click OK, so I did. I retried the 'login' button and was shown the following message:

Unbekannter Fehler [Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server] Cannot open database "across" requested by the login. The login failed. [hr=-2147467259]
Error: [4060] 0x80004005. Cannot open database "across" requested by the login. The login failed. [42000]

This latter message is the only one that now comes up each time I retry the 'login' button.

I'm afraid I have no idea what to do. I tried resetting my computer back to its settings of yesterday but this altered nothing. I've executed a full virus scan which revealed nothing unusual (small graces). I really am at a loss.

Can anyone help? Many thanks.

Cathal Whelehan
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

across standalone personal edition v5.00.0 refusing access

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »