Sarah Devlin
Sarah Devlin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:20
German to English
+ ...
Aug 3, 2017

Hello all,

This is a repost of sorts of a post I submitted a few weeks ago. I am hoping to get the attitudes and opinions of translators on the links between theory and practice of translation. I am reposting the survey I designed (5 questions, 60 seconds average time taken), in case there are users who may like to participate and missed the last one. As always, I would be deeply appr
... See more
Hello all,

This is a repost of sorts of a post I submitted a few weeks ago. I am hoping to get the attitudes and opinions of translators on the links between theory and practice of translation. I am reposting the survey I designed (5 questions, 60 seconds average time taken), in case there are users who may like to participate and missed the last one. As always, I would be deeply appreciative of any responses or advice.
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/W5VW33W

I hope that this isn't inappropriate and that this post finds everyone well,
Warmest regards,
Sarah
Collapse

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 11:20
Spanish to English
+ ...
Too closed Aug 4, 2017

At least one of the questions was difficult for me to answer. There should be more options; for example, I see no conceivable reason that professional and academic should be considered mutually exclusive categories. I personally work in both business and academia.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[Repost] Research on the links between the theory and practice of translation

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »