Thread poster: Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:05
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Dec 9, 2016

Trying to download and install Transit NXT on my laptop, having deactivated it temporarily on desktop. Cannot find how to do it - when I click on the service pack on the Star web site it demands a password, which I don't think I have, though I have a license number. Any ideas?

Dan

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 10:05
Full install Dec 9, 2016

Dan Lucas wrote:

Trying to download and install Transit NXT on my laptop, having deactivated it temporarily on desktop. Cannot find how to do it - when I click on the service pack on the Star web site it demands a password, which I don't think I have, though I have a license number. Any ideas?

Dan

I think that you'll need a full install first. An SP won't do it. You can contact STAR Support for a link to a full version.

Dan Lucas
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
I feared as much Dec 9, 2016

CafeTran Training wrote:
I think that you'll need a full install first. An SP won't do it. You can contact STAR Support for a link to a full version.

That's what I was afraid of. I emailed them this morning. No response. Disappointing.

EDIT I just don't get why they don't allow me to log in to my account and download the software. Why not? I have to go through the activation process anyway, so it's not like I can use it without a license.

I see no indication that the company's management have collectively sat down round a table and said to each other "How can we make this easier for these people?"

Well, I guess that's why I have been asked whether I have an SDL/Trados license dozens of times, whereas I've only been asked if I have a STAR license once. That tells you a lot about relative success. The market applies its punishments slowly, but it gets there in the end.

Thanks
Dan

[Edited at 2016-12-10 08:49 GMT]

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
Delivery mail Dec 10, 2016

Do you have your delivery mail? There you can find the password.
The password is changed every 2-3 years. I don't understand it either, why they put a password on it.
If you don't get your password on monday, write me a PM, I'll get it for you.

Dan Lucas
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Too late Dec 12, 2016

AlSqur wrote:
If you don't get your password on monday, write me a PM, I'll get it for you.

I thank you for offer and may take you up on it if they don't get back to me.

However, the piece of work I wanted to do in Transit has been finished, using my office desktop. I wanted to use some of the eight hours spent sitting on a train over the past few days to get some work done on the laptop, but that didn't happen and the need is now passed.

Dan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to download Transit?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »