Typing Assistant by Sumit Soft - restoring learned terms?
Thread poster: Peter Zauner
Peter Zauner
Peter Zauner  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 04:25
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...

Jul 17, 2020

Hi all,

I wanted to see if anyone has experience with Typing Assistant by Summit Software and might be able to answer my question.
I have used it for several years (mostly in combination with Across) and I really like it. It does a good job in reducing the need for typing letters and achieves a considerable speed gain. It also learns, so the more one uses it, the better the hit rate gets.
I am using version 9.0 on an expired trial version that continues to function.
... See more
Hi all,

I wanted to see if anyone has experience with Typing Assistant by Summit Software and might be able to answer my question.
I have used it for several years (mostly in combination with Across) and I really like it. It does a good job in reducing the need for typing letters and achieves a considerable speed gain. It also learns, so the more one uses it, the better the hit rate gets.
I am using version 9.0 on an expired trial version that continues to function.
After a recent Windows update, I am faced with the situation that Typing Assistant appears to have forgotten all terms that it had learned. I looked through the ‘Typing Assistant 9.0’ folder tree in ‘Program Files’ hoping to find a database file or similar that has these entries store but didn’t find anything that looked like a candidate. The ‘modified dates’ of the files that were most recently updated are ages ago.

I never investigated if and how the learned terms can be backed up and this is biting me now.

Is there a way of restoring learned terms?

I would be grateful for any hints.

Regards,

Peter
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Typing Assistant by Sumit Soft - restoring learned terms?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »