How can I deactivate displaying of text in cursor pop-up in Studio 2021 in editor view?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 23:53
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 2, 2021

How can I deactivate displaying of text in cursor pop-up in Studio 2021 in editor view?

It's just annoying and to no help at all to have text displayed in a small pop-up windows when I hover with the cursor over the middle column (Translation Details, Status, Origin etc.) in the editor view. Besides, it hides my translation that I want to edit, so I have to move the cursor first to be able to read the draft translation.

Is there anywhere in the settings where I can deac
... See more

It's just annoying and to no help at all to have text displayed in a small pop-up windows when I hover with the cursor over the middle column (Translation Details, Status, Origin etc.) in the editor view. Besides, it hides my translation that I want to edit, so I have to move the cursor first to be able to read the draft translation.

Is there anywhere in the settings where I can deactivate this? I have not encountered this problem in any other CAT tool, such as MemoQ etc.
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:53
English to Russian
No, you can’t Apr 2, 2021

You can hide the righthand column (segment type info), however SDL insist the central column is extremely useful for us users. Users complain about this issue for years. I have even seen an AHK script to move cursor away from that column. However SDL believe it is of great use. Or just don’t know how to remove it.

Ines Radionovas-Lagoutte, PhD
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »