Daniel Salinero
Daniel Salinero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:22
Member (2012)
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 12, 2020

I just purchased a DeepL Pro subscription and downloaded the DeepL plugin for my Trados 2019. I live in the US, so I have been using the DeepL web-based translator when I use MT.

What I enjoy a lot about the web-based DeepL translator is that I can place my cursor in front of a word and a list of synonyms and alternate translations appear.

I don't seem to have that benefit when I use DeepL within Trados 2019.

Is there a setting I should choose in order t
... See more
I just purchased a DeepL Pro subscription and downloaded the DeepL plugin for my Trados 2019. I live in the US, so I have been using the DeepL web-based translator when I use MT.

What I enjoy a lot about the web-based DeepL translator is that I can place my cursor in front of a word and a list of synonyms and alternate translations appear.

I don't seem to have that benefit when I use DeepL within Trados 2019.

Is there a setting I should choose in order to have that functionality within Trados 2019?

I sent this question to DeepL support but received a pat answer that didn't address my question. It may be a question more suitable for SDL.

Thank you,
Daniel Salinero
Indio, California
Collapse

Olaniza
Olaniza  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:22
German to Polish
+ ...
And? Jan 17, 2021

Hi Daniel, have you found a solution to your answer? Is this option with a list of synonyms within Trados 2019 available?

Thank you
Aleksandra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DeepL Plugin for Trados 2019

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »