Not able to edit files > "The specified item is already part of a command bar" error
Thread poster: Chiara Rea
Chiara Rea
Chiara Rea
Italy
Local time: 07:55
Czech to Italian
+ ...
Mar 9, 2018

Hello to everyone.
I have a problem with Trados Studio 2017.
When I try to open a file for translation in the editor, an error message pops up saying "The specified item is already part of a command bar"; then, when I close the error message and I click on projects or files or whatever else nothing happens. I have unistalled and reinstalled the program but nothing changed.

On the sdl community forum, I've
... See more
Hello to everyone.
I have a problem with Trados Studio 2017.
When I try to open a file for translation in the editor, an error message pops up saying "The specified item is already part of a command bar"; then, when I close the error message and I click on projects or files or whatever else nothing happens. I have unistalled and reinstalled the program but nothing changed.

On the sdl community forum, I've been told to rename a folder (c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\14.0.0.0) and restart Studio, which I did but nothing happened.

I thank you in advance for the help.
Chiara
Collapse

Marisa Condurso de Nohara
Marisa Condurso de Nohara  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
It might be Microsoft Word or Windows Mar 9, 2018

Hi,
That happened to me long ago, and after going to-and-fro, and as far as I understood, it all dealt with my Office Package (namely, Word) and not with SDL Trados. Then, I installed a newer version of the Package (mine was quite old) and everything was solved. Some colleagues told me that their problem had been in relation to Windows version, because it was also somewhat old. If I were you, I would copy the error message and google it. I remember having done so, which led me to a solutio
... See more
Hi,
That happened to me long ago, and after going to-and-fro, and as far as I understood, it all dealt with my Office Package (namely, Word) and not with SDL Trados. Then, I installed a newer version of the Package (mine was quite old) and everything was solved. Some colleagues told me that their problem had been in relation to Windows version, because it was also somewhat old. If I were you, I would copy the error message and google it. I remember having done so, which led me to a solution among all the people who were experiencing the same issue. You'll need to be patient until you find your own problem explained with the corresponding solution.
Hope this helps!
Best regards
Collapse

Chiara Rea
Chiara Rea
Italy
Local time: 07:55
Czech to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Mar 9, 2018

Thank you Marisa,
I uninstalled once again Trados and deleted some files that stayed in the pc and then reinstalled the program again and now it seems to work fine.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Not able to edit files > "The specified item is already part of a command bar" error

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »