Thread poster: Akke Wagenaar
Akke Wagenaar
Akke Wagenaar  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:44
Dutch
+ ...
Feb 15, 2018

Hello,

In the 4-eyes process I receive my file back from the agency with the changes made by their reviewer.
So I accept or reject all the changes, set all the segments to Reviewed or Signed-off and send the file to the agency.
Then the agency tells me that there are still a lot of changes left that I haven't accepted or rejected.
It's like I have done nothing!
I checked and checked again, I really sent the signed off sdlxliff file back.
When I save it
... See more
Hello,

In the 4-eyes process I receive my file back from the agency with the changes made by their reviewer.
So I accept or reject all the changes, set all the segments to Reviewed or Signed-off and send the file to the agency.
Then the agency tells me that there are still a lot of changes left that I haven't accepted or rejected.
It's like I have done nothing!
I checked and checked again, I really sent the signed off sdlxliff file back.
When I save it as Target in Word, there are no more changes to reject/accept left, meaning that Word treats the file correctly.

This has happened to me 2 times in the last weeks.
I work with Studio 2014 on Windows 10 Makers Update and Word 2016 Home.

Does anyone know what could be the cause?
This agency uses Studio 2017.
Or does it have to do with Word 2016 and the agency using another version of Word?

Help me please! It's very time consuming for both the agency and me and prone to delivery of bad translations full of errors.

Thanks for any input.

[Edited at 2018-02-15 13:55 GMT]
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:44
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Are you sure Feb 15, 2018

that you are sending back the right file? Wrong file is the only cause I can think of.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In Studio 2014, accepted/rejected changes not seen by agency

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »