Thread poster: Olivier Den Hartigh
Olivier Den Hartigh
Olivier Den Hartigh  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:04
English to French
Feb 2, 2018

Hello,

I have been using Dragon Naturally Speaking 12.5 with Trados (2017 SR1) and for a while, DNS is leaving an unecessary space in front of nearly every segment or in the middle of a sentence when I have to modify a fuzzy match. Did this happen to anyone? Has anyone been able to fix this?
Thank you, Ollie.

Stuart Hoskins
Stuart Hoskins
Czech to English
+ ...
2014 too Feb 3, 2018

Hello Ollie, no solution, unfortunately, but I can confirm the same sometimes happens with DNS 12.5 and Trados Studio 2014. The extra space at the start of the segment is the biggest pain because it won't show up as an easily fixable double space. (If double spaces occur in the middle of a segment, I reluctantly tend to leave them and just do a sweep at the end - it's quicker.) It would be interesting to know if this is limited to DNS 12.5.

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:04
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Version-dependent Feb 3, 2018

Hello,

I can confirm that this is not happening with Dragon 14 (DPI) and Studio 2017. I did see it occasionally with Dragon 13.

Olivier Den Hartigh
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Dragon Naturally Speaking and Trados - unrequired space Feb 13, 2018

Thank you for your reply, Stuart. I am ending up doing the same thing, leave it as it is and correct it all at the end. It's annoying though, so an update to DNS 14 might be in order.
Nora, thank you too, especially for those wonderful AutoHotkey macros that you created. You can't believe how much time I have saved thanks to you.

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:04
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
AHK Feb 13, 2018

Thank you Olivier! It's always nice to hear from fellow AHK enthusiasts. : )

You probably know this already, but in case others may find it interesting: the AutoHotkey forum in the SDL Community has some great scripts . You can find it here: https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/400

Olivier Den Hartigh
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Dragon Naturally Speaking and Trados - unrequired space Feb 15, 2018

Thank you for the link, Nora
Cheers, Ollie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon Naturally Speaking and Trados - unrequired space

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »