https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/314050-create_tm_after_beginning_editing_studio_2014.html

Create TM after beginning editing: Studio 2014
Thread poster: Elizabeth Joy Pitt de Morales
Elizabeth Joy Pitt de Morales
Elizabeth Joy Pitt de Morales  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:33
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 20, 2017

Hi All,

I'm editing a translation project with around a dozen files. With some of the files already edited, I ran into some others that were not completely translated. The PM is going to send me a new packet in which all the files will be completely translated, and asked me to create a TM so that the work I've done so far is not lost.

My Trados skills are basic, and I have no idea how to create a TM in this situation. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
<
... See more
Hi All,

I'm editing a translation project with around a dozen files. With some of the files already edited, I ran into some others that were not completely translated. The PM is going to send me a new packet in which all the files will be completely translated, and asked me to create a TM so that the work I've done so far is not lost.

My Trados skills are basic, and I have no idea how to create a TM in this situation. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Liz
Collapse

Amnon Shapira
Amnon Shapira  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 22:33
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
Creating a TM Apr 20, 2017

Hi Liz,
If I understand you correctly, you have worked without a TM at all.
In this case,
While your file is opened in the Editor window, nevigate to the Translation Memory tab at the lower left corner of the navigation pane and klick to open it.
In the TM page, klick on the New icon and follow the instruction to create a new TM.
Now, each of your files have a bilingual version designated as xxxx.sdlxliff
While your TM is opened in the TM window, look for th
... See more
Hi Liz,
If I understand you correctly, you have worked without a TM at all.
In this case,
While your file is opened in the Editor window, nevigate to the Translation Memory tab at the lower left corner of the navigation pane and klick to open it.
In the TM page, klick on the New icon and follow the instruction to create a new TM.
Now, each of your files have a bilingual version designated as xxxx.sdlxliff
While your TM is opened in the TM window, look for the Import tab.
Klick it and choose the bilingual (sdlxliff) to import.
Do it, one at a time for each of your files.
Good luck
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Create TM after beginning editing: Studio 2014

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »