Translating PDF with Trados:"The context list is null. Could not get last child".
Thread poster: Melissa Bernal Keijzer
Melissa Bernal Keijzer
Melissa Bernal Keijzer
Spain
Local time: 11:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 11, 2016

Could anyone tell us what to do when this message appears as you try to save the translation of a PDF file you have translated with Trados?

"The context list is null. Could not get last child"

Thanks and regards,

[Editado a las 2016-01-11 14:40 GMT]

sdl_roman
sdl_roman
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:18
We have an article about that in KB Jan 11, 2016

Hi Wordson,

We have an article about that error message in our Knowledge Base system:

http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4656

Please take a look at it and follow the solution offered.

Also, I found the same question has been asked in Proz before, therefore it worth to check suggestions as well.

Here is the link: <
... See more
Hi Wordson,

We have an article about that error message in our Knowledge Base system:

http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4656

Please take a look at it and follow the solution offered.

Also, I found the same question has been asked in Proz before, therefore it worth to check suggestions as well.

Here is the link:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/210410-severe_bug_the_context_list_is_null_could_not_get_the_last_child.html

Hope that helps,

Thanks

SDL_Roman
Collapse

Gerardo Cáceres
Gerardo Cáceres
Local time: 04:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
I Think I finally fixed it! Mar 22, 2017

I know this bug is a couple of years' old and I don't know if anyone other than me still uses Studio 11, but I found a way to fix it! Or well, at least in all the situations where I've used it, it seems to get the job done.
Here's how:

1- Close the error message
2- File>Save As...
3- choose a different location than where the previous SDLXIFF file used to be
4- in that NEW location, also rename the file. Just rename it "1" or "new file" or something short. I
... See more
I know this bug is a couple of years' old and I don't know if anyone other than me still uses Studio 11, but I found a way to fix it! Or well, at least in all the situations where I've used it, it seems to get the job done.
Here's how:

2- File>Save As...
4- in that NEW location, also rename the file. Just rename it "1" or "new file" or something short. I think renaming it something short is essential
5- hit SAVE
6- Now save your translation and the problem should now be solved!

I'll be posting this on all the "content null" posts I can find in case it's helpful to anyone else, so if you see it all over Proz, it's not Spam! it's just joy at finally having cracked this pesky S.O.B.!
Collapse

Ekaterina Ponchak
Ekaterina Ponchak  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:18
Italian to Russian
+ ...
I'll answer everywhere too... that's not working! Apr 20, 2017

GerardoCáceres wrote:

Here's how:

2- File>Save As...
4- in that NEW location, also rename the file. Just rename it "1" or "new file" or something short. I think renaming it something short is essential
5- hit SAVE
6- Now save your translation and the problem should now be solved!

I'll be posting this on all the "content null" posts I can find in case it's helpful to anyone else, so if you see it all over Proz, it's not Spam! it's just joy at finally having cracked this pesky S.O.B.!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating PDF with Trados:"The context list is null. Could not get last child".

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »