Basit Ijaz
Basit Ijaz  Identity Verified
Pakistan
Local time: 10:12
English to Urdu
+ ...
Nov 28, 2012

Hi,

One of my clients has sent a project package, without TM. The project has several files with one bigger one. I generate TM for the project I created a new project with the files and new TM (remember I asked to provide Word version of each file but they don't Word format of bigger file), except the bigger file. Now I want to use this TM in client provided project package. How it can be made possible. This is important because there are lots of repititions in that bigger file, whi
... See more
Hi,

One of my clients has sent a project package, without TM. The project has several files with one bigger one. I generate TM for the project I created a new project with the files and new TM (remember I asked to provide Word version of each file but they don't Word format of bigger file), except the bigger file. Now I want to use this TM in client provided project package. How it can be made possible. This is important because there are lots of repititions in that bigger file, which I want to avoid typing every time.

Hopefully I've made myself clear.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:12
English
To add a TM to an existing project... Nov 28, 2012

... activate the Project (so it is bold in the list in the Projects View) and then click on the following:

Project -> Project Settings -> Language Pairs -> All Language Pairs -> Translation Memory...

Now add your TM using the Add button on the right hand side.

Regards

Paul

Poliglobe
Poliglobe
Romania
Local time: 07:12
English to Romanian
+ ...
Adding TM in a project package Nov 13, 2014

Good tips, Paul!
Thank you!

Rafael Mantovani
Rafael Mantovani  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:12
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Which edition is required? Mar 2, 2018

I have Studio 2017 Starter and cannot add TMs or TBs to packages received from clients.
If I upgrade to Studio 2017 Freelance, will I be able to do add TMs and TBs to received packages? Or do I need Studio Professional for that?
This information is not clear in the edition comparison chart at the SDL website, and I want to be sure.

thanks a lot!

Surama Roper

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding TM in existing project package

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »