Introducing a more powerful “About me” editor
Thread poster: devalexwhite
devalexwhite
devalexwhite
United States
Local time: 10:18
English to Chinese
Jan 3, 2018

Your “About me” is one of the most prominent parts of your profile and a great tool for describing yourself to potential clients.

While you have always been able to customize this section using text, images, and various styles, this process has recently been made easier and more visual. Adding images or formatting text in your “About me” no longer requires learning HTML code. Instead, these tasks can now be accomplished through the use of the new visual editor (similar to a
... See more
Your “About me” is one of the most prominent parts of your profile and a great tool for describing yourself to potential clients.

While you have always been able to customize this section using text, images, and various styles, this process has recently been made easier and more visual. Adding images or formatting text in your “About me” no longer requires learning HTML code. Instead, these tasks can now be accomplished through the use of the new visual editor (similar to a word processing program such as Word or Pages).

example1

Tailoring your profile to the various languages of your potential clients is an important way to make yourself standout. The new “About me” editor allows you to easily localize your “About me” text in different languages.

example2

You can find the updated “About me” editor in the Profile Updater.

A great resource to help you create a standout “About me” can be found here. If you have any questions about these changes, please comment and let me know!

Regards,

Alex White
ProZ.com Staff
Collapse

YANNICK JOEL Atambona

Elena Aclasto
Elena Aclasto  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:18
English to Italian
+ ...
thank you Jan 5, 2018

Thank you Alex!

Abu Bekr Al-Agib
Abu Bekr Al-Agib  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 17:18
Member (2022)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Thanks Jan 5, 2018

Thanks for attracting my attention to that section, Alex.

joowon
joowon
Philippines
Local time: 22:18
English
4th icon Jan 5, 2018

What is the use of the 4th icon besides B.I.U? It looks like an eraser but doesn't delete my highlighted word.

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:18
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
"Remove font style" Jan 5, 2018

Dear Joowon,

You can use that button to remove the font style of the currently selected text. For example, if you select text in italics and click on that button, the text will no longer be shown in italics. Remember that you can place your mouse pointer on top of the buttons to see a tooltip explaining what the buttons will do when clicked.

Please let me know if you have any question or need anything else. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alejandro

joowon
joowon
Philippines
Local time: 22:18
English
thanks Jan 6, 2018

@Alejandro

I got it, thanks a lot

Max Deryagin
Max Deryagin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:18
Member (2013)
English to Russian
- Jan 8, 2018

It's a pretty cool feature. Thanks

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:18
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
This is something I've needed Jan 9, 2018

Thanks for delivering this. I've sweated blood over my text, trying to figure out the commands!

I see two lines of text above the editing area. One asks me to select a language, and the next says "Use the tabs below to switch between your "About me" localizations". Unfortunately, the tabs themselves have been masked by the editing area. I gather from the screenshots at the top of the thread that they probably read "English" (maybe including the variant as it's a rather wide tab) and
... See more
Thanks for delivering this. I've sweated blood over my text, trying to figure out the commands!

I see two lines of text above the editing area. One asks me to select a language, and the next says "Use the tabs below to switch between your "About me" localizations". Unfortunately, the tabs themselves have been masked by the editing area. I gather from the screenshots at the top of the thread that they probably read "English" (maybe including the variant as it's a rather wide tab) and "French" - the two languages I've used.

Is this something that's a personal hiccup? I can submit a support request if it's more appropriate.
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Bug confirmed, forwarded to site developers Jan 9, 2018

Hello Sheila,

Thank you for reporting this. I could reproduce the problem you report, and have forwarded it to site developers for fixing. I will post here once this is done. Thank you!

Best regards,
Alejandro

Alejandro Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Bug fixed Jan 12, 2018

Hello Sheila,

The bug you reported has been fixed. Thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:18
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Thanks Jan 12, 2018

Alejandro Cavalitto wrote:
The bug you reported has been fixed. Thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

Just as soon as I can find that elusive 25th hour, I'll test it some more .

Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
Local time: 15:18
English to German
Yay Jan 14, 2018

That's pretty!

Is there a way of localizing other fields such as "User message" or "Translation education" into the same languages as the "About me"?

Alejandro Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
You can localize your user message from the "Settings" tab on your profile Jan 15, 2018

Hello Ricki,

You can see all the areas of the profile that can be localized at https://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&sp_mode=settings&sp_submode=localize (you can get there from the "Settings" tab on your profile, under the item "Localize your content"). You can edit your tagline, your user message, your keywords and your "About me" from there.

Th
... See more
Hello Ricki,

You can see all the areas of the profile that can be localized at https://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&sp_mode=settings&sp_submode=localize (you can get there from the "Settings" tab on your profile, under the item "Localize your content"). You can edit your tagline, your user message, your keywords and your "About me" from there.

This is the old interface for localizing profile content. We're working to improve each area individually, to make them easier to find and use (and prettier).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

YANNICK JOEL Atambona

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Introducing a more powerful “About me” editor

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »