Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:42
Member (2004)
English to Italian
ah, yes... Oct 4, 2017

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

to select just one single country to view all the agencies listed under that country? I've looked, but if there is a way of doing this, I haven't found it...

Use the country name as filter. Furthermore, you can add other keywords after that to refine the search further (e.g. BB name or ProZ profile name).

it works... silly me... although, they are not in alpphabetical order...

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:42
English to Italian
List headers Oct 4, 2017

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

to select just one single country to view all the agencies listed under that country? I've looked, but if there is a way of doing this, I haven't found it...

Use the country name as filter. Furthermore, you can add other keywords after that to refine the search further (e.g. BB name or ProZ profile name).

it works... silly me... although, they are not in alpphabetical order...

Click on 'Blue Board record' to order the entries A>Z, click again to invert the selection to Z>A (you can order them based on each of the BB list labels)

devalexwhite
devalexwhite
United States
Local time: 03:42
English to Chinese
Profile photo cropping tool Oct 11, 2017

Samuel Murray wrote:
4. It's a pity you chose to use round avatars. Now many people's heads are half cut off. Perhaps you should add a feature in the profile pages where members can select which part of their profile photo they want to be displayed as the avatar.

Hi everyone,

A new, additional profile photo field has been added to the personalization page that allows you to upload and crop a square profile picture. This photo will be used on the site when your profile picture is displayed as either a square or as a circle (such as in the Blue Board and the top navigation bar). By uploading and cropping a profile photo, you are able to choose exactly how your picture will be displayed so that nothing is cut off. The original profile photo field that does not require a crop will continue to be used everywhere else (such as on your profile page).

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues.

Best,

Alex White

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:42
English to Italian
Jumping to a specific page number Oct 27, 2017

OK, so, if have the whole BB ordered by a specific parameter, with 100 entries per page, I get 220 pages worth of results. How can I jump to, say, page 100 without having to click 95 times on the progressive numbers (or "Next") at the bottom of the search results?

In similar instances, the URL usually helps with that, as some parameter is added there which reflects the current page being shown (the filters being applied, etc.), so I'd like to have at least something like that. E.g.
... See more
OK, so, if have the whole BB ordered by a specific parameter, with 100 entries per page, I get 220 pages worth of results. How can I jump to, say, page 100 without having to click 95 times on the progressive numbers (or "Next") at the bottom of the search results?

In similar instances, the URL usually helps with that, as some parameter is added there which reflects the current page being shown (the filters being applied, etc.), so I'd like to have at least something like that. E.g. a &page=x, so we could manually and instantly decide what page should be shown without having to spend ages clicking on numbers (or "Next").

P.S. Personally I'd also like to have a separate page (or popup) to select specific filters. The current search is intuitive and well designed, but IMO is only well suited for generic searches and lacks filters to fine tune a search by including/excluding or focusing on specific attributes (e.g. type of membership associated to a profile, range of LWA rating, banned status, etc.).

[Edited at 2017-10-27 10:33 GMT]
Collapse

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
If browniz are useless, then the Blue Board is useless Nov 1, 2017

Well, if my browniz are useless now, how would you make me contribute to the Blue Board ?? What would be my motivation? Sorry guys, it doesn't work like that. We, translators, will find some other ways. You are the ones that will lose.

Let me explain it plainly: if I answer kudoz questions, I already pay, in a way, my tribute to Proz. By visiting your site regularly, I make you rank higher among websites. Shouldn't Proz return a favour with the browniz?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Site modernization: Blue Board

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »