Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] >
Improvements to the invoicing tool
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 10:19
SITE STAFF
Aug 29, 2013

I'm currently working on some updates to the ProZ.com invoicing tool.

A lot of suggestions have been made for improving the invoicing tool, in forum discussions (ex. here and here), support requests, and in the "ideas" page. I'll be implementing a few of them in the coming weeks.

If there's an improvement y
... See more
I'm currently working on some updates to the ProZ.com invoicing tool.

A lot of suggestions have been made for improving the invoicing tool, in forum discussions (ex. here and here), support requests, and in the "ideas" page. I'll be implementing a few of them in the coming weeks.

If there's an improvement you'd particularly like to see, please make sure to vote for it in the "ideas" page (reachable by clicking "ideas" at the top right of the main ProZ.com menu). Additional discussion is also welcome below.

Thanks,

Jason
Collapse

sotimottigma (X)

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Added support for marking multiple invoices as paid at one time Aug 30, 2013

Support has been added for marking multiple invoices as paid at one time.

To use this feature, go to the browse invoices page, select the invoices you want to mark as paid, and click the "Mark paid" button at the bottom of the list.

A form will be shown for entering a payment date, payment method, and description (the same values will be used for all invoices).

For each invoice, a
... See more
Support has been added for marking multiple invoices as paid at one time.

To use this feature, go to the browse invoices page, select the invoices you want to mark as paid, and click the "Mark paid" button at the bottom of the list.

A form will be shown for entering a payment date, payment method, and description (the same values will be used for all invoices).

For each invoice, a payment will be recorded for the full balance due, and the invoice will be marked as closed.

Any comments about this feature are welcome.

Best regards,

Jason
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Added support for currency conversion in reports Sep 5, 2013

If you issue invoices in multiple currencies, you can now see a report with the combined totals of amounts in all currencies, converted into your preferred currency. The financial overview report shows these combined amounts at the top, with a breakdown of amounts per-currency underneath.

By default, currencies are converted using current ex
... See more
If you issue invoices in multiple currencies, you can now see a report with the combined totals of amounts in all currencies, converted into your preferred currency. The financial overview report shows these combined amounts at the top, with a breakdown of amounts per-currency underneath.

By default, currencies are converted using current exchange rates from XE.com, when known. You can set your own custom exchange rates, and view the exchange rates used, by clicking the "exchange rates" link above the combined report.

Thanks to Oksana Kondakova for suggesting this feature.

Feedback is welcome.

Best regards,

Jason
Collapse

Ahmed Maher
Ahmed Maher  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:19
English to Arabic
+ ...
Hi Jason Sep 8, 2013

Thanks for your efforts to improve ProZ invoicing system. It is one of our essencial tools now.

My suggesion is to add an option to invoicing main page to export several invoices to PDFs in one click. The same idea of mark several invoices as paid.

Thanks very much.

Peter van der Hoek
Peter van der Hoek
Spain
Local time: 15:19
Member (2008)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Getting better and better Sep 8, 2013

This tool just keeps getting better.

Thanks a lot for your efforts, Jason!

Cheers,

Peter

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Peter Sep 10, 2013

Thanks for the kind words, Peter. I'm glad it's useful.

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Added batch export to PDF Sep 10, 2013

Ahmed Maher wrote:
My suggesion is to add an option to invoicing main page to export several invoices to PDFs in one click. The same idea of mark several invoices as paid.

Thanks for the suggestion, Ahmed. This feature has just been added.

To export multiple invoices as PDFs, select the invoices you want to export on the browse invoices page, and then click the "Export to PDF" button at the bottom of the list. They'll be downloaded in a single ZIP archive file.

Please let me know how it works for you.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Added support for including feedback links when sending an invoice Sep 13, 2013

When sending an invoice, you can now include in the invoice email an easy way for the client to give you translator feedback. (Translator feedback lets you show feedback in your profile from clients who would be willing to work with you again.)

To see this new feature, click "Send" above one of your invoices. In the send invoice form, look for the option labeled "Request translator feedback". Click "(preview)" to see how the feedback links will appe
... See more
When sending an invoice, you can now include in the invoice email an easy way for the client to give you translator feedback. (Translator feedback lets you show feedback in your profile from clients who would be willing to work with you again.)

To see this new feature, click "Send" above one of your invoices. In the send invoice form, look for the option labeled "Request translator feedback". Click "(preview)" to see how the feedback links will appear in your message.

If you send an invoice to multiple recipients, the feedback links will be different for each recipient, containing a different unique ID. Note that the feedback options will not be included in the copy of the message you send to yourself.

Please post below if you have any comments about this feature.

Thanks,

Jason
Collapse

Ahmed Maher
English to Arabic
+ ...
Thanks, Jason Sep 16, 2013

Thanks very much for adding "Export to PDF" tab. It works very well and adds too much to invoicing system functionality.

Thanks again.

Nitin Goyal
Nitin Goyal  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 19:49
Member (2007)
Punjabi to English
+ ...
Suggestion : Quote Tool Sep 17, 2013

Hi Jason,

I had submitted this suggestion earlier too, and I was wondering if you could share your thoughts about this.

Great work on the invoicing tool! I've been an ardent user since almost day one of its launch and loved it!

I was just wondering if it is at all possible for you to add a Quote feature within the Invoices tool.

I can currently send quotes through Proz.com for the advertised jobs only. It would be great if I could generate quot
... See more
Hi Jason,

I had submitted this suggestion earlier too, and I was wondering if you could share your thoughts about this.

Great work on the invoicing tool! I've been an ardent user since almost day one of its launch and loved it!

I was just wondering if it is at all possible for you to add a Quote feature within the Invoices tool.

I can currently send quotes through Proz.com for the advertised jobs only. It would be great if I could generate quotes (like invoices) for my regular clients too, whenever I get a request for a quote.

I guess you can have this implemented easily by using the same form we use for generating invoices, but calling it Quote. If the job comes in, we can easily convert/copy the quote into invoice.

This will help us in staying organized, and remembering what we had quoted.

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Nitin Goyal
www.krishnatranslations.com
Collapse

Ahmed Maher
English to Arabic
+ ...
Payment reminder Sep 22, 2013

Thanks again for the "Export to PDF" feature, Jason.

I would like to see payment reminder feature works in a way that saves users time and facilitate their invoicing work.
Simply, I need to add email address (to send reminders to) for every client. Then, there should be a tab beside Edit, Send, Print, .... in every invoice page called "Send Reminder".
Also, we need to add a tab in the main page to send bulk reminders for all selected invoices. Like "Export to PDF" ta
... See more

I would like to see payment reminder feature works in a way that saves users time and facilitate their invoicing work.
Simply, I need to add email address (to send reminders to) for every client. Then, there should be a tab beside Edit, Send, Print, .... in every invoice page called "Send Reminder".
Also, we need to add a tab in the main page to send bulk reminders for all selected invoices. Like "Export to PDF" tab.

Thanks very much.
Collapse

Partha Sarathi Satpathy
Partha Sarathi Satpathy  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 19:49
English to Hindi
+ ...
Selective reminder Sep 23, 2013

Ahmed Maher wrote:

Also, we need to add a tab in the main page to send bulk reminders for all selected invoices. Like "Export to PDF" tab.

Thanks very much.

Is it possible to enhance the Payment Reminder tool with a "Selective Payment Reminder" feature?

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
How do you manage your quotes now? Sep 23, 2013

Nitin Goyal wrote:

I can currently send quotes through Proz.com for the advertised jobs only. It would be great if I could generate quotes (like invoices) for my regular clients too, whenever I get a request for a quote.

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for the suggestion. Others have also asked for a tool like this.

What do you use for creating quotes today? What do your quotes look like (i.e. what information do they include)? How do you track the quotes you have sent out?

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Should reminders go to the same email address as the original invoice? Sep 23, 2013

Ahmed Maher wrote:

In most cases do you send invoice reminders to the same email address to which the invoice was originally sent? (If so, it could be possible to send bulk reminders without specifying the email address again.)

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
What would a "selective payment reminder" feature do? Sep 23, 2013

Partha Sarathi Satpathy wrote:
Is it possible to enhance the Payment Reminder tool with a "Selective Payment Reminder" feature?

Hi Partha,

Thanks for the suggestion. What would this feature do exactly?

Thanks,

Jason

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Improvements to the invoicing tool

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »