Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] >
Improvements to the invoicing tool
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Nicolas Racine
Nicolas Racine  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:24
English to French
Nobody home? Jan 21, 2014

It seems like no one is monitoring this thread anymore. I wrote to of the moderators about it, and did not receive an answer.

I just hope this does not mean the invoicing feature has been abandoned as well.

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 16:24
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Have you encountered any new problems with the invoicing tool Jan 22, 2014

Dear Nicolas,

I see that your last support request about the invoicing tool was closed because the problem you reported was fixed. Have you encountered any new problems since then? Thank you.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Alejandro Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you for the suggestion Jan 22, 2014

Hello again,

I see that the support request I refer to is prior to your latest post in this thread. I apologize for the confusion. Regarding the suggestion you made at http://www.proz.com/post/2225837#2225837 , I have added it to our backlog of ideas and suggestions for site improvement, to be evaluated for possible future implementation.

Please let me know if I can hel
... See more
Hello again,

I see that the support request I refer to is prior to your latest post in this thread. I apologize for the confusion. Regarding the suggestion you made at http://www.proz.com/post/2225837#2225837 , I have added it to our backlog of ideas and suggestions for site improvement, to be evaluated for possible future implementation.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Maria Hoskins
Maria Hoskins  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:24
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
Select client slide doesn't seem to be working Jan 23, 2014

Hello Alejandro

The invoice creator is a great tool and I have been using it exclusively since I started working as a translator, which is now going on for three years.

I thought I'd say that up front before pointing out that the slide on the client select box doesn't seem to be working this week which means you can't select the client you wish to invoice unless they are at the beginning of the alphabet.

Grateful if someone could look into this.

... See more
Hello Alejandro

The invoice creator is a great tool and I have been using it exclusively since I started working as a translator, which is now going on for three years.

I thought I'd say that up front before pointing out that the slide on the client select box doesn't seem to be working this week which means you can't select the client you wish to invoice unless they are at the beginning of the alphabet.

Grateful if someone could look into this.

Keep up the good work.

Maria
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
The problem may lie with the browser, if you are using Google Chrome Jan 27, 2014

Hello María,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. From what you describe, it sounds like you are experiencing the problem described on http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/f-R4kEhlfuk[1-25-false] . If that is the case, the problem lies with Google Chrome and not ProZ.com. Even then, it is not necessary to change your browser t
... See more
Hello María,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. From what you describe, it sounds like you are experiencing the problem described on http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/f-R4kEhlfuk[1-25-false] . If that is the case, the problem lies with Google Chrome and not ProZ.com. Even then, it is not necessary to change your browser to make an invoice, since you can scroll through the list of clients using the scroll wheel in your mouse.

If you do not think the page I linked describes what you are experiencing, please submit a support request and supply a screenshot of what you see as the list of clients. That information will help me look into this. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Nicolas Racine
English to French
Export invoice list to csv Feb 22, 2014

Hello Alejandro,

Is there a way to get a straight list of the invoices in CSV format? What I would like is a list stating the invoice number, the client, the tax amounts and the total. The report cannot state the job because it then break down the invoices per job, and it becomes very difficult to regroup them again.

Since this is a very important (and very useful) report to have for end-of-year accounting, I am sure I am not the only one that would need such a report.<
... See more
Hello Alejandro,

Is there a way to get a straight list of the invoices in CSV format? What I would like is a list stating the invoice number, the client, the tax amounts and the total. The report cannot state the job because it then break down the invoices per job, and it becomes very difficult to regroup them again.

Since this is a very important (and very useful) report to have for end-of-year accounting, I am sure I am not the only one that would need such a report.

Also, It would be very useful, if the filter included a "per year" filter. As it is now, there is a choice for "This year", and then you have to select the time period. Again, because of end-of-year accounting, a feature to choose any given year would be very useful.

Thanks!
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It is possible to export your invoices Feb 24, 2014

Hello Nicolas,

Thanks for your suggestions. Did you know that you can export your invoices in CSV format by clicking on "Export invoices", above the list of invoices at https://www.proz.com/invoice?sp_mode=invoices , and that you c
... See more
Hello Nicolas,

Thanks for your suggestions. Did you know that you can export your invoices in CSV format by clicking on "Export invoices", above the list of invoices at https://www.proz.com/invoice?sp_mode=invoices , and that you can find detailed invoice reports at https://www.proz.com/invoice?sp_mode=reports ? Do those tools match your needs, or do they need to be updated in any way? Your reply will help me see if any changes are necessary. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Nicolas Racine
English to French
feature suggestion Feb 24, 2014

Hello,

As I mentioned in my previous message, the export to CSV breaks down invoices into jobs and services. I did not see a way to export invoice data only anywhere.

So yes, I would suggest what I mentioned in my previous message :

- A simple liste of invoices, no breakdown, only subtotal, taxes and total, and any other invoice-related information, such as payment status.
- The possibilité to choose a specific year, besides the current one. I think
... See more
Hello,

As I mentioned in my previous message, the export to CSV breaks down invoices into jobs and services. I did not see a way to export invoice data only anywhere.

So yes, I would suggest what I mentioned in my previous message :

- A simple liste of invoices, no breakdown, only subtotal, taxes and total, and any other invoice-related information, such as payment status.
- The possibilité to choose a specific year, besides the current one. I think the feature to choose a previous yeat without using the calendat tool would be a time saver (and something that would be easy to implement).

Thank you

Nicolas Racine
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you for the suggestion Feb 27, 2014

Hello Nicolas,

Thanks for your reply. I have now I added your suggestion to our backlog of ideas and suggestions for site improvement, to be evaluated for possible future implementation.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Best regards,
Alejandro

susan rose (X)
susan rose (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:24
German to English
check-list item to indicate invoices have been sent Mar 3, 2014

Hi Jason,
I was wondering if it would be complicated to add a check-list item for the entries that would show that an invoice has been sent? Or add a color to the entry? or...? I invoice both monthly and on a per job basis and it would be cool to be able to see at a glance whether I've invoiced a client or not.
Thanks!

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Empty post
Javier Grande
Javier Grande  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:24
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Quantities in the "Amount" field rounded to the first decimal place Apr 7, 2014

Hi Alejandro,

I have noticed that the quantities in the "Amount" field are rounded to the first decimal place, whereas those in the "Subtotal" and "Total" fields are not. This may produce a mismatch (e.g. an amount of $31.20 and a total of $31.16) that is not nice.

I think it must be quite usual that the final amount has two decimals, hence my suggestion is that the quantities in the "Amount" field get rounded to two decimal places, just the same as the "Subtotal" and "
... See more
Hi Alejandro,

I have noticed that the quantities in the "Amount" field are rounded to the first decimal place, whereas those in the "Subtotal" and "Total" fields are not. This may produce a mismatch (e.g. an amount of $31.20 and a total of $31.16) that is not nice.

I think it must be quite usual that the final amount has two decimals, hence my suggestion is that the quantities in the "Amount" field get rounded to two decimal places, just the same as the "Subtotal" and "Total".

Thanks a lot,
Javier
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for the suggestion Apr 7, 2014

Hello Javier,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have forwarded this issue to site developers, so they can see how it can be fixed. I will let you know here when there is an update.

Best regards,
Alejandro

John Fry
John Fry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:24
Member (2010)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Rounding problems in JPY Apr 13, 2014

I think Javier's bug report may be related to the same bug I reported several months ago. To recap: I tried to make an invoice with JPY as the currency. I entered a line with Rate set to 6.5. It calculates the correct total in JPY, but in the actual invoice it displays the Rate as 7. Even though the total amount is correct, I don't want the client to think I'm charging 7 when I'm actually charging 6.5 JPY per source character. When I reset the currency to USD, it displays the Rate correctly as 6... See more
I think Javier's bug report may be related to the same bug I reported several months ago. To recap: I tried to make an invoice with JPY as the currency. I entered a line with Rate set to 6.5. It calculates the correct total in JPY, but in the actual invoice it displays the Rate as 7. Even though the total amount is correct, I don't want the client to think I'm charging 7 when I'm actually charging 6.5 JPY per source character. When I reset the currency to USD, it displays the Rate correctly as 6.5.Collapse

Nicolas Racine
English to French
Browse by PO# Apr 17, 2014

Hello,

I think it would be very helpful to add the PO# as a way to browse the invoices, since most of the time, the client uses it as a reference number for the payment they send.

Thanks

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Improvements to the invoicing tool

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »