Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5] >
Announcing translator feedback (WWA) improvements
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 09:11
SITE STAFF
Jun 5, 2013

The screens for requesting and giving translator feedback ("WWA") have been reworked to make them easier to use.

Translator feedback is a ProZ.com feature for translators and interpreters to request, collect, and display feedback from clients and colleagues who would be Willing to Work Again (WWA) with them.

If you're a translator, interpreter, or other service provider, having feedback in your profile helps you promote yourself by showing a track record of satisfied cl
... See more
The screens for requesting and giving translator feedback ("WWA") have been reworked to make them easier to use.

Translator feedback is a ProZ.com feature for translators and interpreters to request, collect, and display feedback from clients and colleagues who would be Willing to Work Again (WWA) with them.

If you're a translator, interpreter, or other service provider, having feedback in your profile helps you promote yourself by showing a track record of satisfied clients.

Freelancers: click here to request feedback from clients and colleagues.

If you're an outsourcer, giving feedback to freelancers you've worked with shows you care about them and appreciate their work, and also benefits the community as a whole.

Outsourcers: click here to give feedback to freelancers you've worked with.

Please post below if you have any questions or comments about these updates.

Thanks,

Jason
Collapse

PRADEEP SINHA

Ana Lucia Amaral
Ana Lucia Amaral
United States
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Question... Jun 10, 2013

HI Jason,

How I give a negative feedback?
I think the old version was much better.
It is so hard to believe a bad professional has 44 positive entries!

I need to give a negative feedback.

Thanks.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
How is the old version better than the new one exactly? Jun 12, 2013

Hello Ana,

Ana Lucia Amaral wrote:

How I give a negative feedback?

As FAQ http://www.proz.com/faq/2518#2518 explains, to focus on the key role of the translator feedback feature (WWA) --i.e. marketing-- negative feedback is not available for now.

I think the old version was much better.

Would you mind providing me and Jason with details on how the old version is much better? What does the old version have / offer that the new version doesn't?

Thanks in advance!

Lucía

PRADEEP SINHA

Ana Lucia Amaral
Ana Lucia Amaral
United States
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Hello Lucia! Jun 12, 2013

I hope all is doing well!

In the old version, we used positive or negative feedback for Translators. I think we really need this option again.

For example: Some Translators in the website sell their service for USD 0.02 (you can imagine the quality)... Ok... No problem... But, when they came to work with a team in Cloud Computing and Collaborative Translation and NEVER start the translation... and one day after the deadline, they say: Sorry!

We really nee
... See more
I hope all is doing well!

In the old version, we used positive or negative feedback for Translators. I think we really need this option again.

For example: Some Translators in the website sell their service for USD 0.02 (you can imagine the quality)... Ok... No problem... But, when they came to work with a team in Cloud Computing and Collaborative Translation and NEVER start the translation... and one day after the deadline, they say: Sorry!

We really need to show this Translator´s Name, so in the future, you know their integrity.

PROZ needs work to help improve the Professionalism in our Profession.

I hope we have this option: Negative Feedback for Translators (between Colleagues or Agencies)

Thanks in advance!!!!

Have a wonderful day!

Ana Lucia Amaral
Collapse

PRADEEP SINHA

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks for clarifying, Ana! Jun 12, 2013

However, note that it was never possible to leave negative feedback on translators, not even in the old version of the translator feedback feature (WWA).

As the FAQ I quote in my previous reply states, in the future, in order to enhance the integrity (and in turn, the marketing effectiveness of the tool), the responses "no" and "maybe" will also be provided to those making WWA entries.

Thanks for your feedback and you too have a wonderful day!

Lucía

PRADEEP SINHA

Elisa Martinez-Aznar
Elisa Martinez-Aznar  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:11
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
feedback without having registered on Proz.com Jun 14, 2013

Hello Proz.com team!

Would it be possible to make it easier for non-registered users to leave feedback? I have several direct clients I have been working with for years, but they do not have a Proz.com profile, and therefore I cannot ask them to leave feedback in my WWA. It could be great if we could send an email request for feedback to those clients as well, without having to ask them to register.

And, by the way, thanks for your hard work on improving the website.

PRADEEP SINHA

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Making it easier for clients without ProZ.com accounts to leave feedback Jun 14, 2013

Elisa Martinez-Aznar wrote:
Would it be possible to make it easier for non-registered users to leave feedback? I have several direct clients I have been working with for years, but they do not have a Proz.com profile, and therefore I cannot ask them to leave feedback in my WWA. It could be great if we could send an email request for feedback to those clients as well, without having to ask them to register.

Hi Elisa,

Thanks for posting. I've been working on this very issue this week.

At one time, clients were allowed to give feedback without having a ProZ.com account, but members expressed concern that this would lead to abuse. But as you point out, requiring a ProZ.com account has deterred many clients from giving feedback.

I've made a few changes that hopefully make it easier for clients to give feedback in this case.

* When a client doesn't have a ProZ.com account at all: A minimal registration form is presented when first arriving at the "give feedback" page, asking for just a name, company, email, and password. The registration form is pre-populated with data from the feedback request, so often the client will simply have to choose a password and click register, and can then give feedback.

* When a client has an account, but isn't logged in: The system tries to identify the account based on the email address to which a feedback request was sent. When this is possible, that client can give feedback using the special link in the email message without having to log in. (There are a few exceptions to prevent issues if one of these special links is accidentally shared with someone else.)

I encourage you to try inviting clients without ProZ.com accounts, now that these changes are in place. I'd be very interested to hear any comments from those clients about whether they are willing and able to give feedback with this new approach.

Thanks,

Jason

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Is it just a subset of the message that can be localised? Jun 16, 2013

Does the outsourcer have to receive an email where the subject line and most of the text, including links, is in English, with just my "personal message" part edited to read in their own language? In FAQ 12.8, it refers to a "clear" button, which I don't see.

I've never sent a request that hasn't been explicitly asked for, but I do have an agency client for whom this might be appropriate. However, I really don't like the idea of sending an email mainly in English. Even if my PM und
... See more
Does the outsourcer have to receive an email where the subject line and most of the text, including links, is in English, with just my "personal message" part edited to read in their own language? In FAQ 12.8, it refers to a "clear" button, which I don't see.

I've never sent a request that hasn't been explicitly asked for, but I do have an agency client for whom this might be appropriate. However, I really don't like the idea of sending an email mainly in English. Even if my PM understands English very well (which is more than likely), our language for all communication is French as it's a French PM in a French agency. To suddenly switch to English at this point would be a very bad move, I'm sure.

Please advise what I should do in this case. I'm finding it rather confusing (though that's probably my fault as I'm not very IT-savvy)
Collapse

Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz
Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:11
English to Polish
+ ...
@Jason: So direct client feedback is ok? Jun 16, 2013

Just to make sure that end clients (i.e. not outsourcers) are okay to ask.

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Only the personalized part of the message can be localized for now Jun 18, 2013

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Does the outsourcer have to receive an email where the subject line and most of the text, including links, is in English, with just my "personal message" part edited to read in their own language?

Hi Sheila,

That's correct (for now). Because the translator feedback feature is under active development, the texts change too frequently to make localization practical yet.

The email message your client receives is explicitly presented as an email from ProZ.com, which may also include a note from you; it's not presented as an email directly from you. So it shouldn't appear that your personal communications have switched to another language. The links in the email also take the client to pages that are only in English, for now, so a basic understanding of English is currently required to use the feature.

In FAQ 12.8, it refers to a "clear" button, which I don't see.

I'll update that FAQ, thanks.

Best regards,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Feedback from direct clients is welcome Jun 18, 2013

Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz wrote:

Hi Łukasz,

Feedback from direct clients is indeed welcome.

Best regards,

Jason

PRADEEP SINHA

Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz
Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:11
English to Polish
+ ...
Thankee Jun 18, 2013

Jason Grimes wrote:

Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz wrote:

Hi Łukasz,

Feedback from direct clients is indeed welcome.

Best regards,

Jason

Sheila Wilson
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Is there another way? Jun 18, 2013

Jason Grimes wrote:
The email message your client receives is explicitly presented as an email from ProZ.com, which may also include a note from you; it's not presented as an email directly from you. So it shouldn't appear that your personal communications have switched to another language. The links in the email also take the client to pages that are only in English, for now, so a basic understanding of English is currently required to use the feature.

I'm sure anyone vaguely connected with translation has a basic grasp of English, but I wouldn't want my clients receiving that email. During the development period, is there a direct link to the WWA input area? If there is, we could send an email to the client (in his/her language) attaching the direct link and explaining how they can leave feedback. I think one of my clients must have done that, because I have one worded in French and I certainly didn't send him an English email (he was a direct client). Unfortunately, it's all lost in the mists of my middle-aged memory.

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Direct link to give you feedback Jun 18, 2013

Sheila Wilson wrote:
is there a direct link to the WWA input area? If there is, we could send an email to the client (in his/her language) attaching the direct link and explaining how they can leave feedback.

Hi Sheila,

Here's a link that your client can use to give feedback to you personally:
http://www.proz.com/translator-feedback/give-feedback?eid_s=630232

A similar link can be found in every freelancer's profile page, though when viewing your own profile you need to click "force visitor view" to be able to see it. (You'll see an error if you try to go there while logged in to your own account, because you can't give feedback to yourself.)

There are certain advantages to sending the automatically generated request through the system, however. It's intended to make things easier for your client. For example, in some cases the system-generated request can let clients give feedback without logging in, or can largely automate the account creation process. It also allows clients to give one-click feedback from a link directly within the email.

I wouldn't want my clients receiving that email.

Is this just because the email is written in English rather than French? Or is there some other reason you wouldn't want to send that email to your clients?

Thanks,

Jason

Sheila Wilson
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Half and half Jun 18, 2013

Thanks for the link, Jason.

Jason Grimes wrote:

Sheila Wilson wrote:
I wouldn't want my clients receiving that email.

Is this just because the email is written in English rather than French? Or is there some other reason you wouldn't want to send that email to your clients?

It's certainly partly because of the language element. However, I'm not particularly enthusiastic about sending this type of email at all, particularly to direct clients. An agency would probably know what ProZ.com is, but a direct client may not. Even if they contacted me via ProZ.com in the first place, they may have forgotten how that first communication happened, as everything will have been directly between the client and myself after meeting here. I can imagine this format working very nicely on a couple of sites (I won't mention names) where everything has to be done via the site - quotes, correspondence, delivery, payments... the lot. Then, you both get used to receiving emails from "[email protected]". My clients aren't used to that; their emails come from me.

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing translator feedback (WWA) improvements

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »