In MemoQ 8.4, how do I completely disconnect from the online server and continue working offline?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 10:25
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
May 28, 2018

I created my own local TM to work with for a large translation project where I was supposed to use an online server TM which would be updated with my translations as well as those of a team member's. The PM seemed to have forgotten to add the server TM though, so my only solution was to use my own local TM in the meanwhile during the weekend and today Monday (bank holiday in UK).

But now I keep getting this error message when trying to confirm a translated segment into the TM:
... See more
I created my own local TM to work with for a large translation project where I was supposed to use an online server TM which would be updated with my translations as well as those of a team member's. The PM seemed to have forgotten to add the server TM though, so my only solution was to use my own local TM in the meanwhile during the weekend and today Monday (bank holiday in UK).

But now I keep getting this error message when trying to confirm a translated segment into the TM:

memoQ cannot save your changes on the server due to a network error.
You can continue to work offline. Your changes will be synchronized
when you close the project or when you click the Synchronize
command.

It seems MemoQ keeps calling this server TM, so I need somehow to disconnect it. Is that possible, or is it something only the PM can do?
Collapse

LEXpert
LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:25
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Manual synchronization May 28, 2018

Document tab>Synchronization Behavior [at the right end of the ribbon]> Manual synchronization

Then it won't call the server until you tell it to.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:25
Danish to English
+ ...
Detach the TM May 28, 2018

You would need to detach any server TM: Project Home Tab > Translation Memories:

Untick the server TMs, and be sure there is another working TM (right-click on the TM you want to be working, then Set as working.

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 10:25
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What is the difference between TM settings and Translation memories? Jun 6, 2018

Thomas, are you certain it's the tab Translation memories I should use in this case and not TM settings? Because under Translation memories there are a lot of TMs listed when I have my current project opened and a file opened in it for translation, most of these translation memories with a green checkmark and a pin icon.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In MemoQ 8.4, how do I completely disconnect from the online server and continue working offline?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »