How to compare source and target text in MemoQ?
Thread poster: Ahmet ÇINAR
Ahmet ÇINAR
Ahmet ÇINAR
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Feb 11, 2018

I got the source text and the target text.(They have nothing with to do MemoQ. They are provided me by the client.) How can I compare them in the context of proof-reading?
Thanks in advance.

Mina Fayek

phrtranslations
phrtranslations  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:29
German to Spanish
+ ...
Align? Mar 4, 2018

I'm just starting with memoQ, but as you didn't receive any response so far, here's what I would do: add both documents to your LiveDocs for this project, align them so the segments are matched automatically in the project file for translation, and then start proofreading. I guess there must be a better solution though.

Gaby Vélez Schemankewitz

Mina Fayek
Mina Fayek  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:29
English to Arabic
+ ...
Any help on this topic? Aug 4, 2021

Ahmet ÇINAR wrote:

I got the source text and the target text.(They have nothing with to do MemoQ. They are provided me by the client.) How can I compare them in the context of proof-reading?
Thanks in advance.

Any help on this topic?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to compare source and target text in MemoQ?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »