P.B:
P.B:
Italy
Local time: 18:00
English to Italian
+ ...
May 31, 2018

Hi,
I recently got to know the tool Sisulizer that is used to visualize both content and UI in order to know how to localize them too.
This tool seems to have some weaknesses, such as no auto-propagation or pre-translation features.
I was wondering if anyone knows better tools then that.
I would also like to exploit this Email to know if anyone of you CAT Tools expert know how to incorporate a delta content into a CAT Tool where past translation is already store, in order
... See more
Hi,
I recently got to know the tool Sisulizer that is used to visualize both content and UI in order to know how to localize them too.
This tool seems to have some weaknesses, such as no auto-propagation or pre-translation features.
I would also like to exploit this Email to know if anyone of you CAT Tools expert know how to incorporate a delta content into a CAT Tool where past translation is already store, in order to only incorporate , visualise and translate this delta.
Thank you very much,
Best Regards,
Paola
Collapse

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 12:00
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
The best software localization tools I know Jun 1, 2018

I have good experience working with both Passolo and Catalyst. I would recommend you to try your hand with Passolo.

I would also like to exploit this Email to know if anyone of you CAT Tools expert know how to incorporate a delta content into a CAT Tool where past translation is already store, in order to only incorporate , visualise and translate this delta.

Any CAT or TenT can do the task you describe. The already translated content will appear as full matches.

Saludos

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Auto-propagation can be the enemy of UI translation Jun 1, 2018

Paoamsterdam wrote:

Auto-propagation is fine for UI translation if translators are paid by the hour. Translators who get paid per word tend to maximise their productivity by skimping on the careful double-checking of auto-propagated segments, and unchecked auto-propagation can be harsh on translation quality of UI.

That said, some UI localisation tools are truly horrible, e.g. no fuzzy/exact segment and glossary matching or autoplacement of non-translatable elements.

I would also like to [use this opportunity to ask] if anyone of you CAT tool experts know how to incorporate a delta content into a CAT tool where past translation is already stored, in order to only incorporate, visualise and translate this delta.

Can you explain "delta content"?

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
"delta content" Jun 1, 2018

Samuel Murray wrote:

Can you explain "delta content"?

I would understand this to mean content elements that are changed, while the rest remains the same.

P.B:
P.B:
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
delta translation Jun 1, 2018

Hi All,
Thank you for all your answers.
Yes by delta content I mean aligning previous source and target in a way that, what already translated looks aligned in my CAT Tool and I am enabled to reach only the untranslated part such as additions and/or modifications in the source doc to be able to only modify that small part and export a completely consistent final updated document.
Thank you very much,
best Regards.
Paola

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best tool to translate User Interface?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »