Thread poster: neilmac
neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 00:00
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 31, 2015

I have just noticed this "vetting" comment on one of my latest kudoz queries, and I would like to know what it means:
"Needs Vetting » Vet OK".
I'd like to know what the "needs vetting" signifies. Perhaps I'm being monitored in case I'm being rude or otherwise inappropriate? Whatever the case, I'd like a brief explanation.

Roni_S
Roni_S  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Slovak to English
Interesting Aug 31, 2015

I've not seen this before. Is it something new? There have been some iffy questions asked in my language pair (well, my language interests anyway) and maybe it has something to do with that? The matter I'm referring to has to do with a person who is known to have posted questions as one user and then logging in to answer those same questions as another user, and it was quite blatant. Or am I way off base?

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
No vetting Aug 31, 2015

A moderator clicked the 'edit' button and provided some minor changes (if at all), and then clicked 'OK'. The system logged this action - that's all.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Minor Sep 1, 2015

Natalie wrote:

A moderator clicked the 'edit' button and provided some minor changes (if at all), and then clicked 'OK'. The system logged this action - that's all.

OK, but which changes and why? What criteria were applied? And why is this information not forthcoming? Also, why can we mere mortals not have "Edit" button too, to rectify those pesky typos that so often manage to slip in unnoticed until it's too late...?

Fiona Grace Peterson
Fiona Grace Peterson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
Context Sep 1, 2015

Natalie wrote:

A moderator clicked the 'edit' button and provided some minor changes

A shame they can't add context too.

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 19:00
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
You should be able to edit as well Sep 1, 2015

neilmac wrote:

Natalie wrote:

OK, but which changes and why? What criteria were applied? And why is this information not forthcoming? Also, why can we mere mortals not have "Edit" button too, to rectify those pesky typos that so often manage to slip in unnoticed until it's too late...?

Hi Neilmac,

You should be able to edit questions. Open any question and you should see an "edit" button below the discussion entries box. The buttons are: Answer, Post reference, Edit, Reverse pair, Vote Pro/Non Pro.
This is nothing new, please see the related FAQs.

Regards,
Enrique

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, but... Sep 1, 2015

Enrique Cavalitto wrote:

You should be able to edit questions. Open any question and you should see an "edit" button below the discussion entries box...

Regards,
Enrique

Yes, I can see the edit button, however I don't see anything that looks like it will let me edit the content of the original query posting. As far as I can discern, it only allows me to modify the languages, fields and preferences. The function I'm looking for would allow posters to correct any typos in the original query, or add more information if necessary. Perhaps I'm mistaken an this function is already availble, I'll check it out more thoroughly later when I have a bit more time to spare...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Vetting" in kudos

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »