Thread poster: Luna Jungblut
Luna Jungblut
Luna Jungblut  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
Jan 24, 2017

Sziasztok!

I feel a little out of place writing in English in a Hungarian forum, but I am only starting out in Hungarian and very far from being able to make a proper sentence - at all.

My name is Luna Jungblut and I am a French native EN to FR freelance translator and interpreter based in the UK.
I am looking to relocate to Hungary - more specifically Budapest - in order to learn a new language and set out on an adventure.

I fell in love with this ci
... See more
Sziasztok!

I feel a little out of place writing in English in a Hungarian forum, but I am only starting out in Hungarian and very far from being able to make a proper sentence - at all.

My name is Luna Jungblut and I am a French native EN to FR freelance translator and interpreter based in the UK.
I am looking to relocate to Hungary - more specifically Budapest - in order to learn a new language and set out on an adventure.

I fell in love with this city when I visited it and worked everything out in order to move there next March.

Of course, my head is full of questions and this is why I turn to you, colleagues.
First of all, if any of you live in Budapest I would love to meet you face-to-face when I get there. I would feel less lonely...

Second of all, I would like to ask you for advice concerning Hungarian bureaucracy, namely tax-related paperwork...
Indeed, I am set up as a sole trader in the UK, and I read that you have to declare worldwide income to the Hungarian tax office if you are resident in Hungary (this won't be the case for me this year - still UK resident, so I will declare my revenue in the UK, but most likely the next one). Do I need to register to the taxpayer's office in Hungary even though my business is UK-based? Will Hungary let me live on its soil if I don't pay my taxes there on the first few months? How strict are they concerning giving out the residence card to EU citizens - do I need thousands in my bank account for them to know that I can sustain myself??

This is all very confusing - I would appreciate if any of you has any advice for me.

Thank you kindly,
Luna Jungblut Translations & Interpreting

PS: if anybody knows about a little one-bed flat in Budapest going for mid-March, I'm interested!
Collapse

József Lázár
József Lázár  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 10:10
Member (2010)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Ready to meet you Jan 24, 2017

Hi, In case you wish to have a consultation I can be available.
J

Erzsébet Czopyk
Erzsébet Czopyk  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 10:10
Member (2006)
Russian to Hungarian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Luna Jan 24, 2017

Check your e-mails.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Ildiko Santana[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

EN to FR translator moving to Budapest to learn Hungarian

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »