Please advise on Russian English rates to quote to a new potential agency client
Thread poster: Adieu
Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Dec 3, 2020

I *think* I sent them a resume for a job-job position, but they replied like a translation agency might. Place does...I'm not sure what exactly it does, not anymore. I was under the impression that they're looking for translators for their own internal needs, something biomedical, but it now seems more like an agency.

They want me to fill in the following rates form:

Translation rate word:
Translation rate hour:
Post-editing rate word:
Post-editing rat
... See more
I *think* I sent them a resume for a job-job position, but they replied like a translation agency might. Place does...I'm not sure what exactly it does, not anymore. I was under the impression that they're looking for translators for their own internal needs, something biomedical, but it now seems more like an agency.

They want me to fill in the following rates form:

Translation rate word:
Translation rate hour:
Post-editing rate word:
Post-editing rate hour:
Review rate word:
Review rate hour:
Using memoQ: YES (prefilled)
Minimum fee:
Rush surcharge (%):

Russian into English (...I think and hope) or maybe English into Russian (less preferable). And they want me to own MemoQ, as the pre-filled form seems to suggest, which seems to be like $800ish after a month of free trial.

Please advise on sustainable rates to quote them that are likely to get a positive response, and which would justify possibly having to buy this software before the extent and regularity of this relationship becomes clear. I'm located in California and am somewhat underemployed at the moment, but not to the point of wanting to work for third-world sweatshop rates.

Thx

[Edited at 2020-12-04 02:18 GMT]
Collapse

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
PS Dec 3, 2020

I've got existing clients at rates of 0.05 to 0.10 USD / word

IrinaN
IrinaN
United States
Local time: 03:51
English to Russian
+ ...
Nice place:-) Dec 3, 2020

IQVIA is a major technology corporation that has nothing to do with translation business. 5 years on Fortune 500 list, which make the whole thing sound like another scam using names of big pharma, publishing houses etc.

Please go through Scam Alert forum, just in case.

"I *think*" and "job-job" is not the best way to describe your situation for us to understand and give advises

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please advise on Russian English rates to quote to a new potential agency client

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »