Els Peleman
Els Peleman  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 07:55
French to Flemish
+ ...
Nov 17, 2020

Hello,

A customer asks me to implement the translation of the technical product sheets directly in the Production Information Management System (PIM). I read that should be possible when they activate in the BPM Translation Manager the BMP Translation Connector. That way you can export XML-files which can be translated in Trados.

Do I understand this right? Has anyone have experience with it? What are the difficulties? And is this XML-file also compatible with MemoQ? <
... See more
Hello,

A customer asks me to implement the translation of the technical product sheets directly in the Production Information Management System (PIM). I read that should be possible when they activate in the BPM Translation Manager the BMP Translation Connector. That way you can export XML-files which can be translated in Trados.

Do I understand this right? Has anyone have experience with it? What are the difficulties? And is this XML-file also compatible with MemoQ?

Best regards
Els Peleman
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:55
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Els Nov 17, 2020

I have recently translated a rather large website in a similar system, CMS (= content management system).
Working in it was easy, however there was no possibility of exporting/importing anything, and, moreover, I needed to copy the text to Word in order to know the word count. I copied also the translation into the 2nd column, and this way I could use my translation for repeated parts of the text as there was no other way to do this. I strongly suspect that this will be the case with PIM a
... See more
I have recently translated a rather large website in a similar system, CMS (= content management system).
Working in it was easy, however there was no possibility of exporting/importing anything, and, moreover, I needed to copy the text to Word in order to know the word count. I copied also the translation into the 2nd column, and this way I could use my translation for repeated parts of the text as there was no other way to do this. I strongly suspect that this will be the case with PIM as well.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating in PIM with Trados or MemoQ

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »