Sandra Suca
Sandra Suca  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 17:24
English to German
+ ...
Jul 15, 2018

Dear colleagues,

I am a fairly new user of Trados 2017 and apologise in advance for my ignorance. After I completed a translation for an agency, they sent me back the proofread version and asked me to accept or reject tracked changes and return the updated TM in tmx format.
I have accepted the changes and confirmed all segments. I then tried to update the TM both by clicking "update main translation memory" and "update project translation memory". However, when I try to export
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I am a fairly new user of Trados 2017 and apologise in advance for my ignorance. After I completed a translation for an agency, they sent me back the proofread version and asked me to accept or reject tracked changes and return the updated TM in tmx format.
I have accepted the changes and confirmed all segments. I then tried to update the TM both by clicking "update main translation memory" and "update project translation memory". However, when I try to export the TM I get the one before proofreading-with all mistakes, without the accepted changes. Can you give me a hint on how to update the TM correctly?

Thank you in advance.
Collapse

Anthony Teixeira
Anthony Teixeira
Japan
Local time: 01:24
Member (2011)
English to French
+ ...
Re: Jul 15, 2018

Maybe try to change the options like this so old segments get overwritten:

options

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Updating Trados TM after reviewed proofreading

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »