Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:22
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Dec 1, 2010

Has anyone used Tstream Editor Studio (from http://www.xplanation.com/)?

I have a potential client, an agency, that works with it but have never heard it mentioned anywhere.

Michael

Cornely

M.A.B.
M.A.B.
Poland
Local time: 15:22
English to Polish
+ ...
I have been using it Dec 14, 2010

What do you need to know?
M

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:22
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
(...) Dec 14, 2010

Hello M.A.B.,

Well, anything really. I use memoQ, and was wondering exactly how much of the process has to be done inside of their system. Do I actually have to translate online, or can I just upload the finished product?

Kind regards,

Michael

M.A.B.
M.A.B.
Poland
Local time: 15:22
English to Polish
+ ...
It uses Java Dec 15, 2010

If speaking of the editor itself, if you go to http://tstream.xplanation.com/portal/ and scroll to the editor, you get to an installation page. There you end up with launching a .jnlp file (that you can also save on your Desktop or wherever). This file uses javaws for launching and sometimes needs the internet connection (I don't know why, maybe it updates itself). But once you have opened TES, you ... See more
If speaking of the editor itself, if you go to http://tstream.xplanation.com/portal/ and scroll to the editor, you get to an installation page. There you end up with launching a .jnlp file (that you can also save on your Desktop or wherever). This file uses javaws for launching and sometimes needs the internet connection (I don't know why, maybe it updates itself). But once you have opened TES, you may go offline.

M
Collapse

Alexandra Schneeuhr
Alexandra Schneeuhr  Identity Verified
Cyprus
Local time: 16:22
English to Russian
+ ...
Never heard of this one till today... Sep 6, 2012

This thread is too years old, meaning this TStream thingy had been around for quite a while, yet I haven't heard of it till today. The client for whom I used to do straightforward translating assignments using either MS Word or Trados, sent me a weird file in .lwo format. Then followed the email explaining that I need to download and install TStream Editor to work with this file. I did download the program, mostly out of curiousity, but found nothing likable about it. Not a huge fan of CATs, I c... See more
This thread is too years old, meaning this TStream thingy had been around for quite a while, yet I haven't heard of it till today. The client for whom I used to do straightforward translating assignments using either MS Word or Trados, sent me a weird file in .lwo format. Then followed the email explaining that I need to download and install TStream Editor to work with this file. I did download the program, mostly out of curiousity, but found nothing likable about it. Not a huge fan of CATs, I could not see how this one can improve my translation or enhance my daily output... so I just offered my client (since he forwarded a Word version of the same file later) to translate it the "normal" way at my normal rate. If it is a TM issue, then there should be a way to import translation in TStream database, and if not - I simply can't see the purpose of it. I might be missing something here, of course... but I did not like the program one bit ((Collapse

Asset Orymbayev
Asset Orymbayev  Identity Verified
Kazakhstan
Local time: 20:22
English to Kazakh
+ ...
Some additional details about .lwo files Apr 3, 2017

Hi,

I found that this is .zip file, i.e. if you change it's extension from .lwo to .zip, you'll see that there's another file with .les file format.
Which you can open in notepad. But I think it's better to convert it to ttx or something else. Maybe add new file type in Trados studio.
I don't know how to do it.

Mario Budal
Mario Budal  Identity Verified
Israel
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Any further advice / updates? Sep 9, 2017

Is there any further advice on how to create a Trados-compatible file from the .les or .lwo? I tried to run it through TTX It, but the program doesn't tell me where the file was saved to. I can't find the converted file. I don't think it actually converted it at all.
It would be great if I could enrich my Trados TM's with the content I have in files I am working on in TStream Editor.

[Edited at 2017-09-09 09:21 GMT]

Minh Nguyen
Minh Nguyen  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 21:22
English to Vietnamese
.lwo files Sep 9, 2017

These files are actually jar files, so rename lwo to jar and you can extract les file(s). Les files are xml files under the hood.

[Edited at 2017-09-09 14:04 GMT]

Mike Tung

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tstream Editor Studio

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »