Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
CafeTran shows trial version after login to proz (Proz Plus package), is it normal?
Thread poster: Alexander Vareiko
Alexander Vareiko
Alexander Vareiko  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:50
English to Russian
+ ...
Nov 19, 2016

Hi everyone,
I open CafeTran, open proz.com tab or proz term search, but when open large TM it shows notification about 1000 segments limit and the trial version is displayed in Help>About . Is it normal?

Alexander Vareiko
Poland
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
CafeTran was updated Nov 19, 2016

Resolved. I had old version of CafeTran. I've reinstalled it and everything seems good.

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 18:50
English to Turkish
+ ...
latest build? Nov 19, 2016

Hi Alexander,

Are you using the latest build (update 26). If you are using a previous build, please download the required file from https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/6000044177

----------------

My reply was 3 minutes late

[Edite
... See more
Hi Alexander,

Are you using the latest build (update 26). If you are using a previous build, please download the required file from https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/6000044177

----------------

My reply was 3 minutes late

[Edited at 2016-11-19 23:14 GMT]
Collapse

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
ProZ.com connection Nov 19, 2016

Hi Alexander,

Each time you launch CafeTran, it connects to ProZ.com to check if your ProZ.com Plus package is active. It does so right at the start and you should be able to see the connection progress bar in the "Other resources and services" panel of the initial screen (the Dashboard). The progress bar usually disappears quickly but with the poor Internet connection, it may take a bit longer before the CafeTran establishes the connection to ProZ.com and unlocks the full version s
... See more
Hi Alexander,

Each time you launch CafeTran, it connects to ProZ.com to check if your ProZ.com Plus package is active. It does so right at the start and you should be able to see the connection progress bar in the "Other resources and services" panel of the initial screen (the Dashboard). The progress bar usually disappears quickly but with the poor Internet connection, it may take a bit longer before the CafeTran establishes the connection to ProZ.com and unlocks the full version so please make sure the connection progress bar disappears and then open the project with your translation memories.
-----------------------

Mine was 10 minutes late

[Edited at 2016-11-19 23:21 GMT]
Collapse

Alexander Vareiko
Poland
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 20, 2016

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Geof Aberhart
Geof Aberhart  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 23:50
Member (2015)
Chinese to English
Unable to connect to Proz Nov 23, 2016

I'm having a slightly related problem, which is that CafeTran won't login to Proz, which means it's stuck in trial mode. Every time I try, I get this message:

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not generate DH keypair

I don't know if this is a problem at my end or if there's anything I can do to address it, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Igor Kmitowski
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Java 8 Nov 23, 2016

Hi Geof,

Make sure that you are using the latest Java 8 update 111 currently. If your Windows system is 64-bit, choose the 64-bit version of Java as well:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/6000120262-what-java-version-is-recommended-for-cafetran-
https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Geof Aberhart wrote:

I'm having a slightly related problem, which is that CafeTran won't login to Proz, which means it's stuck in trial mode. Every time I try, I get this message:

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not generate DH keypair

I don't know if this is a problem at my end or if there's anything I can do to address it, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Geof Aberhart
Geof Aberhart  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 23:50
Member (2015)
Chinese to English
Thanks Nov 23, 2016

Thanks for the quick response, Igor. I definitely have Java 8u111 installed. I actually downloaded and installed it after reading Selcuk's advice above to make sure it was updated.

Igor Kmitowski
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Solved? Nov 23, 2016

I am not sure if you installed the latest Java after that issue appeared and whether it is solved now. I cannot reproduce it on any testing environment (Windows, Mac or Linux) with latest Java 8. If your system is Linux, make sure that CafeTran uses Oracle's Java (not Open JRE/JDK installed by default on some Linux distros).

Geof Aberhart wrote:

Thanks for the quick response, Igor. I definitely have Java 8u111 installed. I actually downloaded and installed it after reading Selcuk's advice above to make sure it was updated.

Susanne Döring
Susanne Döring  Identity Verified
Jordan
Local time: 17:50
Member (2017)
English to German
+ ...
New ProzMembership - what about my CT TMs? Feb 7, 2017

Hi,
I am about to pay for the Proz Plus package, and my CafeTran licence is about to finish - day after tomorrow. If I become Proz PlusMember now, will CT find that and not loose anything?

Thank you!

Igor Kmitowski
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
First update Feb 7, 2017

Hi Susanne,

Before you make a switch to the license activation based on the Plus membership, please make sure that you are using a recent CT version. It can be either one of the updates from the end of 2016 or the new CafeTran Espresso 2017 Yeddi release. These versions provide the proper license activation for Plus members. I would also recommend completing your current projects before updating and start a new project with the latest version.

Igor

[Edited at 201
... See more
Hi Susanne,

Before you make a switch to the license activation based on the Plus membership, please make sure that you are using a recent CT version. It can be either one of the updates from the end of 2016 or the new CafeTran Espresso 2017 Yeddi release. These versions provide the proper license activation for Plus members. I would also recommend completing your current projects before updating and start a new project with the latest version.

Igor

[Edited at 2017-02-07 14:23 GMT]
Collapse

Susanne Döring
Jordan
Member (2017)
English to German
+ ...
Version? Feb 7, 2017

Hi Igor,

thank you for your help.
How do I find out, which Version I use and how would I update it?
Actually, I cannot finish my current project so easily, I am still 15k words short - but my CT licence will expire on the 9th. So I should best save a copy of my finished work before I try out anything ...

Igor Kmitowski
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
About panel Feb 7, 2017

You can check your CafeTran version after choosing the menu Help > About. If you have installed a version at least in 2016, the program can be updated to the latest version as described here:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/discussions/topics/6000045994

If your version is older, you will need to reinstall it.

Please save a copy, export the
... See more
You can check your CafeTran version after choosing the menu Help > About. If you have installed a version at least in 2016, the program can be updated to the latest version as described here:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/discussions/topics/6000045994

If your version is older, you will need to reinstall it.

Please save a copy, export the project in its current state and backup your files before updating. In case of any issues, submit a support ticket at the following link:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/home
Collapse

Susanne Döring
Jordan
Member (2017)
English to German
+ ...
Thank you. Feb 7, 2017

I will work on that tomorrow. Actually I have been working with CT since February 2016 - so I hope I will be able to update successfully.

Susanne Döring
Jordan
Member (2017)
English to German
+ ...
Done Feb 8, 2017

Hi Igor,

again: thank you very much. I udated to "Yeddi" - looks interesting, and after restarting I was asked at once to login into Proz, so it looks like all will be okay. Great service.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CafeTran shows trial version after login to proz (Proz Plus package), is it normal?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »