UNESCO freelance translators - how long before you heard back?
Thread poster: cranium
cranium
cranium
French to English
+ ...
Jan 11, 2018

Could anyone let me know how long their process usually takes? I applied to the Paris office about a month ago. Thanks.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:40
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Patience is the name of the game... Jan 11, 2018

It all depends on how and why you got in touch with them… Was this a job advertisement or did you just offer your services? Though every international organization has different procedures, in the first case it might take several months depending on their urgency. In the second case, I believe that they will always respond to emails, but you have to know that they receive a lot of requests and it takes time to reply, test, and evaluate. So, be patient...

Maria S. Loose, LL.M.
Maria S. Loose, LL.M.  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 10:40
German to English
+ ...
Call for tenders? Jan 12, 2018

International organisations have to publish calls for tender. Did you submit an offer? Or did you contact UNESCO in a more informal way?

Arne Krueger
Arne Krueger
Germany
Local time: 10:40
German to English
+ ...
Very simple Jan 12, 2018

No response = no interest.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

UNESCO freelance translators - how long before you heard back?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »