Thread poster: Luis Monteiro
Luis Monteiro
Luis Monteiro
Local time: 17:29
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Dec 26, 2017

Hi everybody,
I upgraded to full membership on a translation website.
A couple of days later I came to the conclusion that I was throwing my money away and requested a full refund, which they admitted they would do if "the upgrade was done recently".
They responded that there was no such email address on their full members database, and I sent them their "welcome to full membership email" I had received to the same email address.
Since than, after more than 10 attempts t
... See more
Hi everybody,
I upgraded to full membership on a translation website.
A couple of days later I came to the conclusion that I was throwing my money away and requested a full refund, which they admitted they would do if "the upgrade was done recently".
They responded that there was no such email address on their full members database, and I sent them their "welcome to full membership email" I had received to the same email address.
Since than, after more than 10 attempts to get my money back, I had no response whatsoever from these jerks.
What can I do, ask for a chargeback and fraudulent debit on my credit card with my bank?
Thanks for your tips and your suggestions much appreciated.
Luis

[Edited at 2017-12-26 18:06 GMT]
Collapse

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:29
English to French
+ ...
Shocking! Dec 26, 2017

Have you tried to have the payment cancelled by the credit card company??

That would definitely solve your problem, presumably more easily than trying to get a refund.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation website/company don't acknowledge my emails for refunding

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »