Thread poster: Umang Dholabhai
Umang Dholabhai
Umang Dholabhai  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 00:07
English to Gujarati
+ ...
Jun 18, 2016

Just downloaded the app. I am surprised to see only 100 downloads till date. Congratulations to the staff for this facility. I wonder if will receive notifications for jobs alongside the routine emails. I would love to see an integrated messenger service for the members.

Huw Watkins
Huw Watkins  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:37
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Good idea Jun 18, 2016

Umang Dholabhai wrote:

Just downloaded the app. I am surprised to see only 100 downloads till date. Congratulations to the staff for this facility. I wonder if will receive notifications for jobs alongside the routine emails. I would love to see an integrated messenger service for the members.

I also think that the app is showing that the forum format is just not suitable for a mobile device. It works fine on a PC but needs a complete overhaul to be usable on a mobile.

I really like the job listings - it's a very nifty format and layout, as is the terminology help, terminology search and quotes (similar format and layout to the job listings). All very mobile friendly. Something similar desperately needs to happen with the forums.

[Edited at 2016-06-18 07:12 GMT]

Umang Dholabhai
Umang Dholabhai  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 00:07
English to Gujarati
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No notifications Jun 18, 2016

My email client informed me that I received a reply to my post. An Android app may not make sense without notifications in real time. I agree with Huw regarding forums.

Huw Watkins
Huw Watkins  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:37
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
I'd be surprised if that wasn't on the cards Jun 18, 2016

Umang Dholabhai wrote:

My email client informed me that I received a reply to my post. An Android app may not make sense without notifications in real time. I agree with Huw regarding forums.

Notifications are a natural evolution for the app. It's bound to happen at some point, one feels.

Liane Poost
Liane Poost  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:37
English to German
+ ...
Thanks! Jun 18, 2016

This app was long overdue.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proz Android App

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »