Thread poster: Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 10:45
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Nov 30, 2016

I hereby reproduce a message received in another translators' group. In the wake of the Chapecoense air crash tragedy, volunteer PT/ES translators who live near Medellín, Colombia are urgently required.

"URGENTE: con la tragedia de Rionegro (Colombia) se están requiriendo de manera urgente traductores de portugués para auxiliar a las familias en este difícil momento. Los voluntarios se pueden contactar con las siguientes entidades:
Somer 5699999
San Vicente Rionegro
... See more
I hereby reproduce a message received in another translators' group. In the wake of the Chapecoense air crash tragedy, volunteer PT/ES translators who live near Medellín, Colombia are urgently required.

"URGENTE: con la tragedia de Rionegro (Colombia) se están requiriendo de manera urgente traductores de portugués para auxiliar a las familias en este difícil momento. Los voluntarios se pueden contactar con las siguientes entidades:
Somer 5699999
San Vicente Rionegro 4448717
Club Atlético Nacional 540 6920
Funeraria Medellín 4485500
Señora Catalina 3182433174.
Ayudar con la difusión, por favor."
Collapse

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:45
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Give me an email address! Nov 30, 2016

I am native Dutch, don't live anywhere near Medellin (Amsterdam), but speak/work in both English and Spanish (to Dutch), and I do speak some Portuguese (lived 1 year in Lisbon and 1 year in Rio de Janeiro). If I could be of any help, please contact me. Something is better then nothing!

[Edited at 2016-11-30 22:58 GMT]

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 08:45
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for your concern Dec 1, 2016

@Robert / Paul:

Thanks for your actions on behalf of all Colombians. In fact, the necessity was covered within 24 hours after the initial call for help. Fortunately, Colombian Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese have a lot of words and grammar constructions in common and they are not as hard to be understood at the other side if slowly spoken; it seems that just bilingual persons could cope with the tasks.

Saludos

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Volunteers needed - Medellín, Colombia

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »