Plunet management software
Thread poster: TNT (X)
TNT (X)
TNT (X)
Austria
Local time: 14:57
Nov 26, 2010

Does anybody have any experience with this software and if so are you happy about it, strength and weaknesses, how is the support from the provider?

Ivana Kahle
Ivana Kahle  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
German to Croatian
+ ...
Plunet Business Manager Nov 27, 2010

Hello TNT (interesting nickname,
do you mean Plunet Business Manager?
One of my outsourcers uses it and he is quite happy with it. It's not expensive and it's easy to use. Uploading and downloading procedures are very simple. Plus you can always check the status of your order (assigned, in work, delivered, invoiced, paid). And last, but not least - translators working for this outsourcer/small agency (myself included)
... See more
Hello TNT (interesting nickname,
do you mean Plunet Business Manager?
One of my outsourcers uses it and he is quite happy with it. It's not expensive and it's easy to use. Uploading and downloading procedures are very simple. Plus you can always check the status of your order (assigned, in work, delivered, invoiced, paid). And last, but not least - translators working for this outsourcer/small agency (myself included) also find it easy to use (and I’m not an IT freak – quite the contrary.
Hope that helps.
Regards,
Ivana Kahle.
Collapse

TNT (X)
TNT (X)
Austria
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Ivana Nov 27, 2010

Great to get some feedback, we are planning to invest in the system so always nice to hear how it works in the production.

TNT, yes it is a funny name, but our business is "exploding" so I guess it fits us!
Have a wonderful weekend.

Björn

[Edited at 2010-11-27 21:22 GMT]

DanielRejtoe
DanielRejtoe
Germany
Your questions about Plunet BusinessManager Dec 16, 2010

Hi,

First - Thank you Ivana - thats good to hear. I will forward it to our Product Management (they really like to get little presents likes this one before Xmas).

@Björn: Just call us at +49 (0)30.3229713.40
or send an email to [email protected]. My colleagues will give you an online demo and you can discuss with them if Plunet could be the solution you are looking for.

Another option: (if it is no
... See more
Hi,

First - Thank you Ivana - thats good to hear. I will forward it to our Product Management (they really like to get little presents likes this one before Xmas).

@Björn: Just call us at +49 (0)30.3229713.40
or send an email to [email protected]. My colleagues will give you an online demo and you can discuss with them if Plunet could be the solution you are looking for.

Another option: (if it is not that urgent) you can join this public webinar end of January: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/452680585

And of course - we will then forward you a list of Plunet customers who can give you independent 3rd party information about our strength, weaknesses and our support.

I wish both of you a nice Xmas time and thx again!
Daniel
Collapse

DanielRejtoe
DanielRejtoe
Germany
Plunet announces the release of version 5.2 Jun 20, 2011

Plunet announces the release of version 5.2 of its leading business and translation management system ″Plunet BusinessManager″. The new functions and improvements will help translation companies and in-house translation departments manage complex business structures more effectively than ever before. With BusinessManager 5.2 translation project managers can monitor operations across multiple systems. Routine tasks have just become easier and ... See more
Plunet announces the release of version 5.2 of its leading business and translation management system ″Plunet BusinessManager″. The new functions and improvements will help translation companies and in-house translation departments manage complex business structures more effectively than ever before. With BusinessManager 5.2 translation project managers can monitor operations across multiple systems. Routine tasks have just become easier and more efficient.

Read more on www.plunet.de
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Simplifyvms
Simplifyvms
United States
Local time: 08:57
Plunet management software Feb 1, 2018

Plunet BusinessManager adds efficiency to the management of your translation and business processes. This highly efficient translation management software can be flexibly adapted to individual requirements, and reliably supports you in your daily project work.

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
It depends on how it is set up Feb 1, 2018

One of my absolute favourite clients has Plunet set up, so that it is easy to download files and upload translations, and it also produces invoices in a form that the tax authorities accept.
It is easy to log in, and should there be any issues, I can always contact a PM directly, so we can deal with questions before they develop into serious problems.

I have also seen Plunet set up so that it is a real pain. It can be configured so that I always have login problems, and with e
... See more
One of my absolute favourite clients has Plunet set up, so that it is easy to download files and upload translations, and it also produces invoices in a form that the tax authorities accept.
It is easy to log in, and should there be any issues, I can always contact a PM directly, so we can deal with questions before they develop into serious problems.

I have also seen Plunet set up so that it is a real pain. It can be configured so that I always have login problems, and with excessive security, so that I cannot find and/or download files. Then after all that, it is not easy to make out an invoice, or it is necessary to repeat the invoicing process and make out an extra pro-forma invoice that the tax authorities will accept.

In short, it can be set up to waste a lot of my time, and I refuse to work with clients more than once or twice if I have trouble with their Plunet.

[Edited at 2018-02-01 16:39 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Plunet management software

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »