SDL announces the release of Trados Studio 2017

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "SDL announces the release of Trados Studio 2017".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Marco Oberto
Marco Oberto  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:25
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Big issue Dec 29, 2016

the segment display is messed up so that the source and target no longer align.
Please SDL, fix that issue.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Source/target alignment Dec 29, 2016

Marco Oberto wrote:
the source and target no longer align.

Check that "auto-scroll Source Document" is activated in the ribbon View tab (action group). Misalignment of source and target segments is usually caused by this icon being clicked accidentally.
If that doesn't work, try resetting the window layout (View>Reset Window Layout).
HTH,
Emma

Marco Oberto
Marco Oberto  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Thanks Emma Dec 29, 2016

Problem solved; luckily without big troubles as I wasn't busy in any long projects today. Thanks for your help!

Rachel R.
Rachel R.
Switzerland
Trados 2017 rather unstable Mar 14, 2018

My colleague and I use Trados Professional and share a memory on a network drive. We have been doing this for a good decade with all the different versions of Trados. As of Version 2017, the program all of a suddenly freezes and then eventually crashes or just crashes with no warning. This is highly annoying. Anyone else have this problem? Thank you!

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Michael might Mar 14, 2018

Rachel R. wrote:

My colleague and I use Trados Professional and share a memory on a network drive. We have been doing this for a good decade with all the different versions of Trados. As of Version 2017, the program all of a suddenly freezes and then eventually crashes or just crashes with no warning. This is highly annoying. Anyone else have this problem? Thank you!

See: https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/323743-sdl_studio_i_hate_it_i_hate_it_i_hate_it.html

Rahaf ziad
Rahaf ziad  Identity Verified
Syria
Local time: 01:25
Arabic to English
+ ...
when I insert Latin letters Sep 21, 2018

Hello,

When I insert Latin letters in an Arabic sentence, they come out not the same order as the original text.
for example if I insert
g o

it would appear in the segment
o g

is there a way to fix this?
noting that I use Trados2015.

Many thanks in advance

Rahaf ziad
Rahaf ziad  Identity Verified
Syria
Local time: 01:25
Arabic to English
+ ...
moving trasnlations below Sep 21, 2018

Good day,

I am still new to Trados 2015, your help is much appreciated.

if I translate one segment, but then need to move the translation to the segment below, How can I make it move down to the segment below without having to cut and paste?

in Atlas for example, we only press Enter and the translation would move below.
In Trados 2015, I cannot figure out how.

Waiting for a reply.
Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL announces the release of Trados Studio 2017

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »