Looking for English-to-Quebec French translators for Translation Studies research.
Thread poster: Caoimghin
Caoimghin
Caoimghin
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:28
English to French
+ ...
Jul 5, 2017

Hello everybody

As the title suggests I am looking for participants regarding a linguistic research that I am conducting over the summer as part of my M.A in Translation Studies at the University of Hull, UK. The data collection consists of a questionnaire which aims to find out about Canadian translators' perception on the French language and on their use of it when performing translation. The results will be linked to translation strategies and the notion of translational norms pe
... See more
Hello everybody

As the title suggests I am looking for participants regarding a linguistic research that I am conducting over the summer as part of my M.A in Translation Studies at the University of Hull, UK. The data collection consists of a questionnaire which aims to find out about Canadian translators' perception on the French language and on their use of it when performing translation. The results will be linked to translation strategies and the notion of translational norms pertaining to specific French varieties. The questionnaire contains 11 questions formulated in English, although they can also be answered in French according to your preference.

If you happen to be interested in partaking in this research, feel free to inbox me or email me at [email protected] and I would be glad to send you the questionnaire over as well as all the specifics that you should require. Your experience and opinion will be highly valued and will hopefully contribute to open up new doors in the field of Translation Studies. Anyone with semi-professional and professional experience are more than welcome to get in touch with me.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kevin Marceau - University of Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, UK.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
NancyLynn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for English-to-Quebec French translators for Translation Studies research.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »