Can't activate DNS online - Nuance servers down?
Thread poster: Steven Smith
Steven Smith
Steven Smith
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:38
Member (2007)
Japanese to English
Jun 29, 2017

I have been trying to activate Dragon over the last few days (after CD installation) but online activation is not working - the activation wizard tells me that my computer can't connect to the server.

The manual link provided during activation is dead, and when I go to nuance.com, the
... See more
I have been trying to activate Dragon over the last few days (after CD installation) but online activation is not working - the activation wizard tells me that my computer can't connect to the server.

The manual link provided during activation is dead, and when I go to nuance.com, the link at https://www.nuance.com/dragon/support/dragon-naturallyspeaking.html for activating products is also dead.

I've tested nuance.com on a few 'is this server down?' sites; some say it is down, some say it isn't.

Anyone know what is going on?
Collapse

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 17:38
Spanish to English
+ ...
Not yet Jun 29, 2017

However, at some time in the next 48 hours I'll be installing Dragon on my new backup PC, from a CD, and I'll let you know if I run into any problems.

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:38
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Malware attack? Jun 29, 2017

Coincidentally, I was trying to go to nuance.es yesterday to see if there were any news of the new version of Dragon. The site was down and a Google search indicated that Nuance had been the victim of a malware attack these past few days, so it looks like their servers are not back to normal yet.

Maxime RAY
Maxime RAY
France
English to French
+ ...
They are aware of the problem Jun 29, 2017

Hello!

I called the Nuance support and yes, they are indeed experiencing troubles with activation services. The company in the USA is aware of the problem, and they hope to get things back to normal within the next few days.
Meanwhile, they advised me to use DNS in "trial mode" (I had just switched to a new PC...)

[Modifié le 2017-06-29 13:19 GMT]

Steven Smith
Steven Smith
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:38
Member (2007)
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 29, 2017

SemperVirem wrote:

Hello!

I called the Nuance support and yes, they are indeed experiencing troubles with activation services. The company in the USA is aware of the problem, and they hope to get things back to normal within the next few days.
Meanwhile, they advised me to use DNS in "trial mode" (I had just switched to a new PC...)

[Modifié le 2017-06-29 13:19 GMT]

Brilliant. Thanks for the info.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
STILL DEAD Jun 30, 2017

Steven F Smith wrote:

I have been trying to activate Dragon ...

Anyone else know what is going on?

Well, I've been trying to activate Dragon for the past half hour (after CD installation) but online activation is still not working - the activation says my computer can't connect to the server.

The manual link provided during activation is dead, and when I go to nuance.com, the link at https://www.nuance.com/dragon/support/dragon-naturallyspeaking.html for activating products is also dead.

All I can access is the cache version of the page/site, but that's no use for activating my Dragon. I've just installed it on this new backup PC, so it's not urgent for me this weekend, but I'd like to get it fixed in the next week or so. Apparently I have 5 "demo" sessions I can use meantime if need be.

Anyone else know what is going on?

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:38
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
No idea but... Jun 30, 2017

I would suggest asking in the Knowbrainer forum. They are always up to date on all things Dragon.

[Edited at 2017-06-30 20:44 GMT]

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:38
English to Spanish
+ ...
The latest from Nuance's website Jul 2, 2017

I found the following posting by Nuance on Twitter:

http://engage.nuance.com/Dragon-Customer-Update

Good luck.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Working again Jul 8, 2017

I managed to activate and register Dragon via the website last night, so it looks like everything is back to normal again. In fact, it seems to be faster, although that might just be my new PC...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't activate DNS online - Nuance servers down?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »