Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:07
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 14, 2017

Hello,
I've started right now working with the new release of Studio 2017. In general it seems great.
Now, editing a file I cannot find how to use the QuickPlace function. I see the term in the source segment underlined by a blue line, but I cannot get it in the target document. The same should also apply for numbers and tags or similar.

Do you have any idea if and where it should be enabled? Maybe it's similar to the Autosuggest feature?

Thanks
Luci
... See more
Hello,
I've started right now working with the new release of Studio 2017. In general it seems great.
Now, editing a file I cannot find how to use the QuickPlace function. I see the term in the source segment underlined by a blue line, but I cannot get it in the target document. The same should also apply for numbers and tags or similar.

Do you have any idea if and where it should be enabled? Maybe it's similar to the Autosuggest feature?

Thanks
Lucia
Collapse

Liselotte K. de Hennig
Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 10:07
Spanish to German
+ ...
Ctrl+, (comma) Jul 14, 2017

Hi Lucia,
you can display a QuickPlace drop-down list by pressing Ctrl+,(comma).
Kind regards
Liselotte

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:07
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Placing tags with a single keystroke - AutoHotkey script Jul 14, 2017

If you'd like a more convenient way of placing tags (not placeables), check out this thread in the new AutoHotkey forum in the SDL Community:

https://community.sdl.com/solutions/language/translationproductivity/f/400/t/12964

Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:07
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not working Jul 15, 2017

Thanks for your replies,

I think there is an issue due to my settings, as at the begining I got the dropdown list and now I don't get it anymore. I didn't change the shortcut key and maybe I should check the Quickplace icon, which isn't available on the ribbon.

BTW, I'm using Studio on Parallels. Is that the problem? And why it was not a problem with Studio 2014?

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quickplace in Studio 2017 Freelance Plus

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »