Spamalot
Austria
Local time: 09:23
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
Jul 14, 2017

Hi all,
I wanted to add a new termbase in Studio 2017 and set it up the usual way in the TB Viewer in Editor and although it created it, it won't let me add terms (option deactivated) and when I check the settings, those are all how I think they should be... e.g. the green check-mark is there and it is in use.

So I even deleted it multiple times and redid it -- same thing, while also the "settings" option on the TB both in TB Viewer as well as in the project settings are disab
... See more
Hi all,
I wanted to add a new termbase in Studio 2017 and set it up the usual way in the TB Viewer in Editor and although it created it, it won't let me add terms (option deactivated) and when I check the settings, those are all how I think they should be... e.g. the green check-mark is there and it is in use.

So I even deleted it multiple times and redid it -- same thing, while also the "settings" option on the TB both in TB Viewer as well as in the project settings are disabled as well.

I also tried the whole thing using Multiterm, identical result. I have read so much about this problem but nothing applies to me (like Multiterm and Studio versions match).

Does anyone know anything about this? I'd really greatly appreciate!!!

spamalot
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:23
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Termbase languages Jul 14, 2017

This may be too obvious, but did you check to make sure that your termbase languages match the ones in your project?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:23
English to Russian
Update Windows Jul 16, 2017

I had this issue when I installed Studio and Multiterm on a pretty old computer with outdated Windows 7. Once I downloaded all updates for it, Multiterm 'fixed' itself.

Spamalot
Spamalot
Austria
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Updated and Languages Match - no avail Jul 18, 2017

Hi both, thanks for your thoughts. Right before I tried to even create the TB Multiterm updated itself, so I think this is not the reason. Plus the languages match (otherwise I wouldn't have the "green check-mark" in the window, right?)
I have no idea what the reason might be.....

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:23
English to Russian
I mean Jul 18, 2017

Windows updates, not Multiterm. It was my case. Not sure about yours.

[Edited at 2017-07-18 06:46 GMT]

Spamalot
Spamalot
Austria
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Windows up to date Jul 18, 2017

I wish it were that I needed to update something, but all is running in the latest version.
What I noticed though is that I do not know really in Studio what the issue is with clicking the box for "use different language provider" manually. Normally it comes when I use "any file-based TM" when the language variant has changed.
Perhaps this might be causing the problem. However, I have tried it both with and without the box check-marked. This is quite disappointing for me. I would rea
... See more
I wish it were that I needed to update something, but all is running in the latest version.
What I noticed though is that I do not know really in Studio what the issue is with clicking the box for "use different language provider" manually. Normally it comes when I use "any file-based TM" when the language variant has changed.
Perhaps this might be causing the problem. However, I have tried it both with and without the box check-marked. This is quite disappointing for me. I would really like to have my own termbase for the project.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Termbase in Studio 17 disabled settings cannot add terms

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »