Thread poster: Fernando Santos
Fernando Santos
Fernando Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:25
English to Portuguese
May 14, 2017

Dear colleagues,

My PC is going to be formatted and I need to know if I can reinstall SDL Trados 2011 Freelance Plus.

If so, how should I proceed?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Fernando Santos

Ben Senior
Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:25
German to English
Return Licence May 14, 2017

Yes you can do that. You need to first return your licence to your SDL Account and when you have reinstalled Studio on your reformatted computer you can activate your Studio again.

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:25
German to English
Return license to SDL before formatting May 14, 2017

You'll need to return the license to SDL. Go to the License manager in your program and follow the instructions. Absolutely do this before formatting your hard drive. Also back up your TMs and termbases as well as any other data.

Fernando Santos
Fernando Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:25
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
Desactivation of SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance Plus May 15, 2017

Dear colleagues,

Which means that I've to desactivate the software in the SDL Trados Studio 2011 Product Activation dialog box, correct?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Fernando Santos

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reinstall SDL Trados 2011 Freelance Plus

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »