Error on interacting with the TM that says "the specified cast is not valid" (Studio 2015)
Thread poster: Beatrice Hercend
Beatrice Hercend
Beatrice Hercend  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:10
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
May 10, 2017

Hello,

Since I installed Studio 2015, an error occurs when interacting with the TM that says "the specified cast is not valid".

With the first project I worked on, I thought there was maybe a problem with the project provided by my customer, but I am now working on another project and I get the same error each time I interact with the TM (searching, confirming segment, etc.).

I was previously using Studio 2014 without any problem.

Thank you for
... See more
Hello,

Since I installed Studio 2015, an error occurs when interacting with the TM that says "the specified cast is not valid".

With the first project I worked on, I thought there was maybe a problem with the project provided by my customer, but I am now working on another project and I get the same error each time I interact with the TM (searching, confirming segment, etc.).

I was previously using Studio 2014 without any problem.

Thank you for your help.
Collapse

Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.
Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.  Identity Verified
Ecuador
Local time: 00:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
SDL knowledge base May 12, 2017

Hi,

Maybe this might help:

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=Error-message-Specified-cast-is-not-valid-when-clicking-a-termbase-in-MultiTerm-Administrator

Good luck,
Patricia

Beatrice Hercend
Beatrice Hercend  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:10
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Error with TM, not MT May 12, 2017

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for your input. I saw this already when I searched for a solution and indeed the problem is with the translation memory (actually, the whole message is something like "error on opening TM_name, because the specified cast is not valid".

Moreover, this link refers to a complex (for me) workaround. I hoped I could find a simpler solution, as I only installed Studio 2015, without changing anything.
Thanks,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error on interacting with the TM that says "the specified cast is not valid" (Studio 2015)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »